Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Blizzard SRC, how does it ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys!
Long time since I have used this forum, but now I am once again in need of some advice.

I must admit that it has been a long time since I have been on the look for new gear, and as a consequence I have no idea what model to look for in the jungle that is new equipment nowadays...
Anyway, I recently broke the core on my piste-skis (yup, it just broke in half during a rather uneventful crash - see link) so now I am looking for a new pair and I wanted to hear if anybody has experiences with the Blizzard SRC?

Som background info. I used to ski a pair of Salomon 24 hours Powerline S1 which suited me well (LOTS of camber made for an exciting ski!) but in the later years I have felt that maybe they were not stiff enough and I felt like they didn't hold an each well enough at higher speeds. I also recently tried a pair of Atomic SL FIS skis and they turned out to be too much for me to handle - fun at times but way to stiff and rigid for my level and stamina wink I am a ski instructor and I prefer something with a low radius that I can ski all day.

Now I have been offered the Blizzard SRC from 2017 (165cm) for a decent price, but I am hesitant as I am not sure its stiff enough (how would it fare vs a Salomon 24 hours PWL S1?), and maybe a Fischer RC4 SL (or The Curve?) or Atomic Redster S9 might be more up my ally?

Anybody who have tried the Blizzard SRC who would like to chime in?

Thanks in advance!

/Fred, the dude

Link: https://imgur.com/a/SXDVvW1
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy