Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tamworth tonight, first ski for 2 years after injury

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Me and my mini snowHead daughters (well 19 and 15 so not so mini) are of to Tamworth tonight for the 8-11pm session, my first go on skis in just over 2 years after this https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3013373 so not sure how long I will last but don't think I've ever been quite so excited about fridge skiing!
Is anyone else going? Say hello if you spot me (will have a red British Nordic ski supporter softshell on)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good luck snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was tempted to use the theatre phrase, but will stick with the usual "Good Luck!", hope it goes well and take it easy, at least until you get your ski legs back snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both. Lasted a couple of hours before the metalwork in my ankle stated to make its presence felt. though just back from seeing the surgeon and that will be gone in a couple of weeks or so and he say once the stitches are out I just need to avoid hight impact use of my ankle for a few months till the bone has time to fill the screw holes and I'm pretty sure safely ensconced in my ski boot my ankle will be safe!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@davkt, Glad it went ok. Busy ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not bad at all, a bit busy 8-9 with early stage lessons on the bottom 1/3, and a few folks obviously just cleared for recreational skiing all over the place, 9-10 still a few lessons going on but far less, 10- I came off about ten past but probably no more than 15 or so left on including a few of the instructors having the blast, the kids stayed on for another half hour or so and were having a great time just sending it straight down the slope occasionally slowing a bit to hit one or other of the jumps with no beginners to worry about as the dozen or so left on (so no more than 4 or 5 on slope at any one time) were all doing the same.
Probably good I decided to use the super soft hire skis as it took a good few runs to trust my knee to do its thing and I'm pretty sure the way it was going in the first hour my Storms would have spat me out into a heap on the floor several times!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@davkt, well done! A big milestone after your bad knee injury.

Onwards and upwards. Where next?
snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@davkt, Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@PeakyB, Well given 15 year old is deserting us to head off to Sweden skiing with her friends family at Easter me and her 19 year old sister are hoping Scotland gets a bit of winter then will head up there for a few days, if not we will look at something high in Alps towards the end of the season.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 24-02-19 11:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@spyderjon, Thanks, Oh and both 15 and 19 year old are planning on coming to see you for a lesson in ski and snowboard servicing in the summer
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@davkt, yep, embedded metalwork is a literal pain Twisted Evil I've a screwhead right on the point of my right inner ankle that I'm tempted to do a 'Sir Ranulph' and take an angle grinder to! Great that you're back sliding, you will notice a lot of ache around the break points, perseverance pays great dividends Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Masque, Yep, the screw heads are a pain! One I've been able to feel since the cast came off and is just an annoyance, the one next to it which is currently trying to do an Alien impression and burst out would have been a candidate for the angle grinder had the surgeon not agreed to to take it out.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy