Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car Pick up Milan Malpensa T2

Poster: A snowHead
We are renting with FireFly ,flying into Terminal 2 Milan Malpensa
The voucher says pick at Terminal 2 ...Would that be from the car park at Terminal 2 near the train station or is the Desk actually in the terminal itself

thanks ??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got a vague memory it's near the train station. Seem to remember going down a lift.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking at Google maps, it appears that Firefly is a bit away from the main T2 car rental companies. Don't think it's actually in the terminal, though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@wasley, I took pictures of the car hire desks at the entrance of the train station last year, just checked them and there's no sign of Firefly, you may have to go to T1 via the shuttle bus, or Fireflys own.
BTW When are you going, we got a great deal with Hertz booked direct, and I was able to cancel the earlier booking I'd made through rentalcars.com as it was a T1 pick up.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are going in 2-3 weeks
Firefly is is the Budget brand of Hertz so hopefully its nearby
We only paid £45 for 5 days for a Corsa or similar ,on the Hertz website it was about £200 more but i could of got a 4x4 Jaguar E-PACE with GPS for £133

Out of interest can you see Locauto on your photo of the desks??
thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@wasley, I took pictures of the car hire desks at the entrance of the train station last year, just checked them and there's no sign of Firefly, you may have to go to T1 via the shuttle bus, or Fireflys own.
BTW When are you going, we got a great deal with Hertz booked direct, and I was able to cancel the earlier booking I'd made through rentalcars.com as it was a T1 pick up.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@wasley, sorry no sign of Locauto, T2 seems to only have the big boys, and Maggiore.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's in Terminal 2, or just across the road in the Multi Story Car park if I remember correctly from last October. https://spain.fireflycarrental.com/Car-Hire-Milan.html
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.milanomalpensa-airport.com/en/directions-and-parking/to-and-from/car-hire
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
panaga52 wrote:
It's in Terminal 2, or just across the road in the Multi Story Car park if I remember correctly from last October. https://spain.fireflycarrental.com/Car-Hire-Milan.html

This is what i was thinking/hoping

Seems like Budget/avis/europacar are in the main terminal and i guess the rest are in the Car park near the train station

thanks All
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@wasley, I think Locauto shares a desk with Budget (and Avis maybe) near in the multistorey at T2.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote from Malpensa Airport website ……

Car rental agencies location at Malpensa - Milan airport:
The car hire company desks at Malpensa airport are located in Terminal 1, Arrivals Hall.

A free shuttle bus links Terminal 1 with Terminal 2 of Malpensa. It is is available every 10 minutes (during the day, during the night is available every 20 minutes) and operates 24/7.
Passengers who arrive at Milan for business or on a holiday, can make use of rental service by renting a car at Milan Malpensa Airport to be independent while visiting the famous attractions of the city.

The car hire at Malpensa is tricky to say the least! Terminal 1 has them underground and the direction signs are PANTS, people get lost easily. The terminal 2 car hire is at the end of the car parking and needs a long walk or free-bus to get there.

MOST IMPORTANT ….. there is no petrol station at the airport so you need to fill up about 10 kms beforehand. Check this out as you leave the airport, there's a couple of them signposted.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

The terminal 2 car hire is at the end of the car parking and needs a long walk or free-bus to get there.

It's not a long walk - out of the terminal building across a small road and then a 5 min walk across the new car park.
Or at least that's how it was in December.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another option for T2 is Centauro - although off site, their shuttle bus comes direct to T2 so saves the airport shuttle bus.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimastaaah wrote:

MOST IMPORTANT ….. there is no petrol station at the airport so you need to fill up about 10 kms beforehand. Check this out as you leave the airport, there's a couple of them signposted.

Las time I was there I seem to remember going past the airport entrance, coming from Milan direction, when I returned and there was a petrol station a couple of km further on. Can give no better directions than that as I was not in a hurry Laughing
latest report
@skimastaaah, that's not my experience, T1 has plenty of suppliers in the terminal and then a quick walk to the multi storey spear park. T2 has less suppliers, a 2 min walk to the station entrance and cars located directly above, TBH I don't think the website sells the airport that well.
snow conditions
Have you researched firefly? Have used them out of Milan in the past (only once). I’d really recommend paying close attention to the reviews as it can be a really bad way to start and end a trip
snow conditions
I have researched Firefly at Milan and they seem just as good and bad as the others ,even the big main suppliers have awful reviews
I really want to pick up from T2 so my only other option is Locauto thats in the same price range

I know where the Petrol stations are as we hired a car last year but it was off site

Looking at the responses on here and other forums all the T2 suppliers are in the new car park by the train station...Hopefully
latest report
As I said before, locauto share a desk with budget and Avis at T2. I’d go with them over Firefly.
snow report
Reviews on TripAdvisor are pretty spot on. When I spent 2 hours waiting to be picked up at arrivals something should have clicked. In hindsight even though I had prepaid voucher I should have cut my losses. Would have been cheaper and a lot lessstressful.
latest report
All pick ups from t2 have been fine in my experience 5 to 10 occasions.

The only important factor is to book the right terminal as the transfer between the two is a massive ball ache.
ski holidays
@wasley, Firefly do seem to come up regularly as a bad experience, from what I’ve read I’d avoid. They do have spaces for car return in the same car park as the main players.
We’re sitting in T2 departures ( boo ! ) had no issues at all with Hertz, or the car which was lovely to drive. I’d certainly pay a touch more for a reputable supplier, but always take photos and videos of the vehicle before and after as a safety measure.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy