Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Increase in ski hols booked on line

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Article based on the success of Iglu, which claims...

Quote:
Iglu is one of the best examples of an untold dotcom success story. Founded in September 1998 by Richard Downs, the on-line travel company has grown from a small room at the London Business School (LBS) into a 100-strong outfit, turning over £25m a year with profits of about £1m. One in 10 of all skiing holidays booked in the UK is now sold on Iglu.com

Amibitious - they have their eye on the remaining 90%.....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've used Iglu several times and I'm not surprised they've been successful....I'd highly recommend them.

I do hope their plans to take over the whole market doesn't turn them into a clone of the TUI group and ruin the great service the currently give.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
homphomp, whats wrong with big business?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You know the answer to that when you run something that isn't...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
More people should book on-line, go to www.tracksvacations.com.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
"Not Found
The requested URL / was not found on this server."

David@traxvax, a bit cryptic, that. I'd check your server set-up.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It works on mine.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David@traxvax, I also get a HTTP 404 Not Found window.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's because of the full stop accidently included in the url....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ah, hadn't spotted that. Thanks.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
Iglu's staff is all dedicated skiers - "even our accountant", as Mr Hamlett says - and they know what they are talking about. The firm aims to deliver bespoke customer service, and will not even consider outsourcing its customer service operation abroad, as other travel operators have done.

Perhaps this accounts (no pun intended) for it's success.

I used Inghams this year - booking on line - no complaints. But some of the other operators' web sites are pathetic. Like watching paint dry waiting for responses. And if you don't get what you want it's all the way back to square one, plugging in dates, numbers, preferred type, resort .............. just awful
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just a word of caution about sites like Iglu. Many of them refuse links to any site which has a link to anyone offering any type of accommodation. Having said that booking online is clearly becoming more common, and is generally easy and quick ( especially if you know where you want to go).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I do it all online, but do it independently. I don't find that you end up saving a great deal by going to hoteliers direct (it does cost you some of your time as well), but you end up having a lot more flexibility and with buying the flights yourself you can go when you want and always end up with more time in the resorts for less time off work.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Also another note is the IGLU is quite good for finding hotel names and contact details for going to direct for accomodation. Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy