Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet 1 ski boot bag and 1 hold luggage can combine as 1

Poster: A snowHead
There seems to be a lot of questions online for this and Easyjet do not at the time I am writing put this on their website.

I can confirm that you can have 1 ski boot bag alongside your 1 hold luggage to combine without having to pay extra carriage for sports equipment. If you have Skis and boots in a bag you will need Sports equipment carriage.

Conversation with rep online went as follows.....

Dan: Hi, I want to know if you are going skiing with a 23kg allowance, if you can have 1 hold luggage and 1 ski boot bag combined as hold luggage if it is within the 23kg limit?

Inderjeet: Hi, there. I'm Inderjeet.

Inderjeet: But I will check if I can do anything for you.

Inderjeet: Dan, you can take boots bag in your hold luggage but the weight should not be more than 23KG.

Dan: Wow thank you

I may have been a bit harsh but we got there in the end!!! snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you travelled with this config yet to confirm it worked at check in?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ster, other people have and have reported on here that it works
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ster no only posted this today. Will find out in couple of weeks.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm pretty confident you've been given the wrong answer. Will be interested to hear if you have any issues. If you use the bag drop at the airport, it will only be expecting one piece of luggage.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What @sugarmoma666 said

Mind you I did get the boot bag through the system last year for £5 in Liverpool.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Take a print out of the transcript to the airport, I expect you'll have some difficulty, especially as most places are moving towards the machine check-in. Even pooling weight allowance between bookings is getting awkward.

We really struggled travelling at new year with two ski bags and two boot bags due to the way the self check-in machines work. They have an option for 'skis' and an option for 'skis and boots' but, seeing as this isn't differentiated when you pay online for the baggage, I clicked 'skis' out of habit before remembering I was supposed to be checking my brother's boot bag too. Cue awkward conversation with dozy member of staff who couldn't understand that we'd paid for skis and boots, just couldn't print the label to put on the boot bag before sending it on it's way. After a few minutes a chappy conceded that the easiest thing would be to pay £6 for 'additional carry on', or we could go to talk to customer services. We paid the £6 Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi- I think you have been given the wrong answer and that if you want to take 2 bags (within 23kg) then you will need to pay for- wait for it----2 bags.

Unless; you have 'hands free' - which you can get via Three mobile for free or which you can buy from easyjet for either £5 per person or £16 for upto 6 people per flight- this allows you to have cabin bag sized bag checked in to the hold- with cabin baggaged reduced to a tote bag. Since a cabin bag is 56x45x25cm (60lt) with no weight limit other than what you can pick up and put in a locker this means that you can travel with not much more than hand luggage for cheap.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@d3vey, I also fear it may be wrong advice.

- I have booked small sports and been allowed to take one ski bag and one boot bag - thus two bags

- I think I have read of others on here taking a ski bag under hold luggage that fits the dimensions and weight criteria of a hold bag - so one bag

But this seems to be a new scenario where the you intend to book one hold bag allowance but then expect to take two bags.

Thus me asking if this had actually been done at check-in. Definitely take a transcript of the conversation and I would be really interested in how it goes so please post back as to what happens.

Edited to clarify - all of the above relates to bags checked in to the hold and not cabin bags.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 18-02-19 20:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I travel with Easyjet a lot and do either 1) take ski boots in hand luggage or 2) put ski boots in hold luggage. Can you not do either of those?

You have my sympathy for that online chat - jesus wept!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have travelled several times with easy jet for ski trips

1. Having a suitcase go missing 2 years ago and disappear for ever I am reluctant to check my ski boots as hold luggage, luckily the ej carry on size is so big and without a max weight limit ( as long as you can lift it in to the overhead) that you can take the boots on board with you as well as most of your ski kit

2. Carry on cases are available that are made to conform to the max size specified by ej so you know it will fit - just don’t over pack the soft sided version

3. If taking skis, pay for the sports equipment add on but pack skis in a double ski bag instead of a single that way you can pack extra clothes/equipment in to the max 20kg and just take the large carry on as above, this saves the cost of paying to check in a suitcase and therefore offsets the ski carriage costs

Has worked every time at Gatwick and Geneva
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I always manage to pack my boots with all of my clothing and kit in one bag, typically the whole lot comes in at less than 20kg. I invariably come back with kit that does not get worn on the trip ... spare jumper and jeans etc. “just in case”. Would suggest investment in an optimal hold case would pay for itself in the long term and avoid a possibly expensive confrontation at one end or the other.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I travelled to the pre BB with easyjet. Booked two hold bags and one ski coffin type bag. Was told at check in my allowance was FOUR bags. Make of that what you will.

And I double checked my booking, definitely two hold bags and one ski bag.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Gary Fat Fingers, if you booked the ski coffin bag as small sports then you are allowed a ski bag and a boot bag as the small sports allowance. Thus if you did then four bags is correct - 2 hold plus 1 ski bag plus 1 boot bag.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ster, ah. Didn’t get that. Should have read more. Didn’t matter anyway as I checked my boots in using the “Three” offer.
latest report
holidayloverxx wrote:

If you pay for ski carriage with Easyjet then that can be a ski bag and a boot bag, i.e. 2 separate bags. A hold bag is just that - 1 bag.
snow report
Jenniper wrote:
I travel with Easyjet a lot and do either 1) take ski boots in hand luggage or 2) put ski boots in hold luggage. Can you not do either of those?

You have my sympathy for that online chat - jesus wept!

You can do either of the things you suggest, assuming in 2) you mean that you put your boots in your hold bag /suitcase and not in a separate bag.
snow report
Correct - actually inside my hold bag.
ski holidays
I am flying with easyJet in March and would love to know if this really works at the airport. The bag drop machines don't allow for 2 bags unless you have booked 2 bags, so it would not be easy.
snow report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

If you pay for ski carriage with Easyjet then that can be a ski bag and a boot bag, i.e. 2 separate bags. A hold bag is just that - 1 bag.

Yes didn't read it closely enough
snow conditions
Confirmed by easyjet on twitter:

"Hi xxx. If you've purchased 1 item of hold luggage then it'll just be one bag/item. You can find more info here: https://t.co/CCCIjccoly. Thanks, Lee"
latest report
Incidentally SnowKart boot bag is comfortably within the EasyJet hand luggage dimension limit (just checked) and has plenty of room for other kit. Suspect boots will also fit other hand luggage bags.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy