Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

High resort from Salzburg

Poster: A snowHead
Having found great flight prices into Salzburg would appreciate recommendations for resorts I can consider for the last week of March. Have become familiar with French options over last few years but have done less research on Austria so have no knowledge to work with. Also don't want to get caught out with late/low wetness!
Any additional accommodation ideas welcomed, hotel with half board or chalet catered ok, nothing too fancy just clean and comfortable, good food and willing to take singles without crazy supplements.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obertauern might fit the bill for height but no idea on accommodation there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just had a quick look at Obertauern before seeing your reply coincidentally, fair few places but generally seem rather pricey.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That area has had mad amounts of snow this season, wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the lower resorts have decent snow at that point as well.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kaprun or Zell am see and free bus upto Kaprun (same ski pass) kitstein horn glacier above Kaprun is 3000m ish, plus you have normal Zell pistes at Schmittenhoe.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
just a thought but if the op is going late march austria, any high mountain edge of glacier skiing is going to be in a smallish repeat run area so why not accept that the afternoon skiing is going to be mushy. Having accepted this go for fun on snow and to me that from salzburg would be saalbach, some north facingapprox 50% and the craic is good ,think they do special late march events/deals but other folks (TATMAN) to be found on the saalbach thread would be a better informed source .Im going in march and have done this last few years
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Obertauern and pricey. 2 words often heard together.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Frosty the Snowman, Especially when I’m there. wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

think they do special late march events

@ski for fun, "White Pearl Mountain Days" (google it). Lots of late season fun.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@broadsman, Jochberg/ Pass Thurn from Kirchberg.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
All ski areas will still be open throughout March. Most are planning to close at Easter which is three weeks later. I'd recommend basing yourself somewhere central in the Ski Amadé region, then you can pick and chose which ski area you want each day based on conditions. The snow is great right now and very deep. It will still be here in a month's time and beyond. If the temperatures are warm, it might be slushy on the valley runs in the afternoon. Or it might be cold and snowy. Who can tell.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Obertuaern is definitely high and has excellent snow so far. It has many luxury hotels but I think there are more reasonable ones like Krallinger Hotel, which is 3* and only serves breakfast. Not stayed there myself but had lessons from the Krallinger ski school. Bettina Krallinger is absolutely lovely and v helpful. It looks like they just renovated some of their hotel rooms too.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the info everyone. If I used the Krallinger for breakfast only what is the availability and cost like for evening meals. (Just a rough idea, not expecting a full resort breakdown!)
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does anyone know if there are buses between Salzburg airport and Obertauern on weekdays?

Everything in the Alps is expensive; some more than other Smile

There was some cheap accommodation at Obertauern on booking.com recently. Not luxurious, so it depends on what you will put up with. For sleeping, it will be fine.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lech.
snow conditions
Were going to Obertauern next year to keep it cheap! @Peter Stevens, don't know but the taxi service is good if there are a few of you, probably in line with a bus cost if efficiently filled.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy