Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow chains in april or not?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@LaForet, +1 for Michelin Cross Climates. I put them on my BRZ for general UK driving and not noticed much too compromise from the Michelin summers they replaced. I think they are actually better in the wet. The Impreza has a set of both summer and full winters for the mountains though.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Another +1 for the Cross Climates - I found that they made a massive difference in the wet compared to the original Continental summers on my car and are used by my daughter all year round in Switzerland (although she has adopted the local practice of waiting a day after heavy snowfall for the worst to be cleared before driving around).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another + 1 for the Cross Climates - although if you can get them in the right size I found Vredestein Quatracs (their equivalent) even better in the snow - although they tended to wear a lot faster in the summer than the Michelins.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got the cross climates on so pleased to hear they perform well! Will be testing them in 6 weeks. Hoping for lots of snow Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stinkpickle, lots of good advice here, and i go with only 4WD and winter tyres, but know it is a gamble.
With standard drive and tyres i have needed chains in April a few times: back in April 94, Easter was early (April 3rd) and the days in Nendaz up to Good Friday were like summer: we sunbathed.
Then winter returned with a vengeance: we were using chains most days to get around, and definitely needed them to get out on our way home (April 9).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy