Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plagne Soleil / Plagne Villages info needed.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

I am off to La Plagne last week of march and just have a few questions, and if any one can give me any info on the resort? especially Plagne Soleil.

I have heard the nightlife is pretty poor but wondering what
exactly there is to do after skiing? Puzzled

Any English Bars? Puzzled

Also how long does it take to walk down to Plagne Centre? Puzzled

I am an intermediate level skier but I am going with some first timers, so wondering if there is lots for beginners I.E Nice and easy greens?? Puzzled

Any info or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Jimmy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went to Plagne Soleil in 2000. There was an English bar (the Lincoln) in Plagne Soleil (if you like that sort of thing!). To get to plagne centre you need to walk across a piste to Plagne Villages and catch a cable car to Plagne Centre but there's not a lot to do there either.

For intermediates Plagne Soleil is very convenient but the slopes to plagne centre are a bit off-putting for beginners but there may be a way (I never cared so I didn't look).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the skiing is generally vgood for beginners alot of blue runs are v flat
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi

I went La Plagne in the middle of Jan. We were lucky with snow and thoroughly enjoyed the skiing there as did my missus who is fairly beginner (ish) - I am not sure about there being many flattish runs they were darkish blue if you know what I mean (according to the missus). It appeared to be mostly reds or good blues to me, but I could be wrong Smile

Great resort for skiing and Les Arc is well worth spending a day or 2 at. We stayed up at La Plagne 2100 in the MGM apartments. Only went out up there and in Plagne Centre, again mostly restaurants as far as I could make out.

Everythign is quite spread out and some people made the point that it was a bit of a pain to get about on the buses, but this is only third hand info.

cheers
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jimmy38, we stayed in Plagne Soleil in 1999 (I think). At that time it was a small collection of apartments with a sort of flat are in the middle and a place for children to toboggan safely in the evening (which was ideal for us at the time). It takes about 10 mins to walk down to Plagne Centre and about 20 back (up).

It is served by blue runs but the run down to Plagne Centre is probably the steepest bit and caused a bit of consternation to my second-week-of-skiing children the first time (fine by the second day).

It is a bit of la Plagne that I would be happy to return to - but I am not a great one for noisey night-life Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not so much English bars, but in Plagne Centre your best bets are the Luna bar in the main centre (up the stairs from the lift pass office and Aime 2000 cable car, and my favourite bar in La Plagne) or PlanJa (dutch bar out the top of the town past the hotel Cristina). There is also a french bar in the main centre (used to be called Kings, has some French name now) where they have live bands on a couple of times a week.

You could also try and get up to Belle Plagne, the Saloon is good if your after a late one Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy