Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eating out in Cervinia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

We have usually always gone in catered chalets for our trips but we are looking at Cervinia in March. Want to avoid cooking if possible! Found some good deals on bed and breakfast places so may go for them over half board. I know it's very subjective but how much would a decent no frills meal out usually cost in Cervinia? For example, a starter and a pizza/pasta dish? Maybe a bottle of vino as well. If we can eat dinner out, get a better quality than a half board hotel dinner and it won't break the bank/more cost effective than HB then we may go for it.

Any recommendations as well? Both on piste (which I know will be more expensive) and down in town for the evening?

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've no current prices to give as a guide, but last time there was on bed and breakfast basis.

So just eating out and trying different places, prices weren't scary with plenty of choice. And we where on a very tight budget with a last minute booking etc.

Don't think you'll have any real difficulty on that basis and nice not to be stuck with same place each night. Really enjoyed it too, great place to visit.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's been a few years since I was there, but it didn't strike me as expensive. Decent pizza and pasta were definitely affordable. Wine likewise. They're also quite likely to treat you to some grappa while your settling the bill. It adds a nice touch.

In the village, I am happy to recommend the Metzelet for fondues, fonduta, raclette etc. Affordable, good quality and good service. The piste restaurants that you are most likely to see recommended - for good reason - are Igloo and Chalet Etoile. Both are on the expensive side, but I thought them well worth it. Make a reservation! We managed to get a table at the Igloo without a reservation, but it was well past peak lunch. Chalet Etoile is impossible without a reservation.

If you haven't been before, make sure to try polenta valdostana. Lardo is also very delicious, if your not too squeamish about the fat.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bontadini also is great on the slopes. Afraid I last stayed actually in cervinia over 30 years ago, so im useless for the town.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I come over from the Swiss side so I don’t eat in Breuil-Cervinia itself. However a couple of comments on the mountain restaurants:

The most famous restaurant is Chalet Etoile. If you look at the piste map it is right next to piste 26 (but can be accessed from many of the other blues). While it is absolutely not a bargain restaurant it does have a self-service section which is a little easier on the wallet.

I would echo the recommendation for Bontadini. It is at the top of lift O (bottom of lift P). Again it has a restaurant and a somewhat cheaper self-service area. Both have a terrace which is gorgeous to sit out on on a sunny day.

I would also recommend eating over on the Valtourneche slopes. They tend to be very good value. My own regular haunt is Bar la Roisette. This is on piste 7 just before you get to Salette.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you all for your ideas and suggestions.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy