Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kelowna [BC] Airport Warning

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This may be common knowledge but ....
There seem to be weight problems with Air Canada flights in and out of Kelowna airport in British Columbia. This results in your luggage/skis not being loaded on your flight.
Three of the four flights we took in/out of Kelowna resulted in the non-appearance of skis on arrival.
When going, I would recommend building in enough time in your schedule to be there for the following flight from your airport of origin ... or factor in the time for the airline [Air Canada in our case but this problem may relate to others as well] to deliver luggage to you.
I am currently sitting at home in the UK waiting for my skis to be delivered from the return flight. Fortunately I knew there was a problem in Kelowna when I saw my ski bag being driven away from the plane. This saved me a lot of time at Heathrow as I went straight to baggage services rather than waiting an hour until I was sure my skis weren't on my flight.
This is very stressful and annoying. My friends had had this problem the previous year so booked us in a motel for the night of arrival at Kelowna just in case we had to wait .... a bloody good job too as our skis arrived 4 hrs after expected!

Thought I would pass this info on as forewarned is forearmed! You may have no problem, especially on a less busy flight, but .........
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's happens alot, it's all the Australian's who are booked through to Aus who get priority as they often fly kelowna-vanouver-LA-sydney. The earlier in the day you fly the more likely it is your skis will make it. Last week our flight to Kelowna from Vancouver was delayed as they had to load lots is extra skis on.
We have to get to Manchester to find out if our skis make it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@FoofyNoo, Yep, pretty common.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you tried calling them, you can call air canada and book skis in advance?

May not solve the problem, but worth a try. Think its the length of runway as well?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy