Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria long range forecast

Poster: A snowHead
Going to Zell am See on Saturday

Snowforecast is prediction snow till Wednesday, after that I dunno??

Any links?

Any thoughts?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm jealous.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Michelle,

Oh,

I think you've done OK this year. wink What was Sierra Nevada like?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnboy, there is forecast to be a sudden rise in temperature over several days from Weds onwards with temps at resort level reaching between +7 to +10 with freezing level going off the scale. There will be the obvious heavy thaw associated with this and most slopes will be completely bereft of snow by the weekend. Take your walking boots wink

Actually, I haven't got a clue, but hope it turns out well for you wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ray Zorro,

You had me going there Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Now thats just mean.... Had me going too.
I'm off to Tignes in a couple of weeks. Another 1m predicted for this weekwend. I think thats enough now. Very Happy
ski holidays
 brian
brian
johnboy, cold for the next couple of days then much milder Thursday/Friday. Some snow Thursday above 1300m-ish, more at the weekend with temps dropping, so snow to lower levels by Sunday.

After that is anyone's guess. This morning's GFS had a siberian blast for Austria starting about next Monday but it's disappeared this afternoon.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Our long range forecast shows snow from Wednesday - big dump and a temp increase below 500m of 2 deg .....but you can never tell.

johnboy, have a great time. snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm off to Lech on Saturday. The long range forecast there is light snow showers for most of the week with up to 12cm on Saturday. They had 30cm yesterday, so I'm not fretting!! Ok, I might not get the sunshine skiing I thought I would get, but who cares?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnboy wrote:
Michelle,
Oh,
I think you've done OK this year. wink What was Sierra Nevada like?

This:

snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Here is a 6 day forecast.

http://wetter.orf.at/sbg/reportdetail?tmp=16357

Looks like it will be a mixture of snow showers and above 1000m for most of the six days. A little sunnier on Wednesday and warmer on Friday (thaw). Saturday and Sunday gets colder again with more snow showers.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnboy, Take no notoice of Ray Zorro the 10 day forecast for Zell on Weather on Line does show a rise in temperature on for Thursday but back to ZERO next week with the wind in the north and more snow.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snow Forecast for Zell am Zee shows some snow, then it might snow a bit, followed by light snow, a day off and then some snow. Possibly.

I think you might like it! snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Michelle,

Looks good.

Thanks everyone
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Michelle, I recognise that view. Skiied a couple of days there 2 years ago.
snow conditions
johnboy, Just back from Bad Gastein, which is just up the road, powder everywhere there at the moment.
snow report
Cheers Peter Ross,
snow report
Zell's own site is predicting some pretty warm temps and rain for next week Sad
latest report
johnboy, They might be wrong! I'd say stop looking at the snow reports and forecasts as it will only stress you out. Remember it's meant to be a holiday! snowHead
snow conditions
Peter Ross,

I think you are right, if it rains I will just have to lie about the hotel and get pissed Very Happy
ski holidays
johnboy, That's the attitude!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just picked up this snow report from St Anton, sounds like huge amount of snow

Today's snow conditions & what's been skied -9 March
(Please refresh your browser)
**Record snowfall for this season** - 1meter of snow fell in 14 hours in St.Anton village. Due to the high avalanche risk and warming temperatures all groups have been cancelled today for safety reasons. I couldn't leave my home village as the roads in and out remain blocked!
The forecast is for more snow Friday and good news it's getting colder which is positive as it's now +3 in the village which is adding to the avalanche risk - I can't even make it to the office or the pub - now it has to be bad for that! Will up date tomorrow.
Graham.
taken from

http://www.pistetopowder.com/
ski holidays
1 week to go!
ski holidays
Zell am See

-16 at 2000m Loads of fresh snow Very Happy
latest report
johnboy, see there was no need to worry! snowHead
latest report
Peter Ross,

Absolutely. Perfect conditions again today. Off to Saalbach tomorrow Very Happy
snow conditions
Zell am See

-10 at 2000m (Lunchtime)

176 cm at top

Pistes in good condition

Light snow today, with some sunshine
snow conditions
johnboy, have you been up the glacier in Kaprun, what's it like? Are the runs pretty flat up there?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peter Ross,

Did Sallbach today. (See Resorts section for Update)

Plan to do Kaprun tomorrow.
ski holidays
any latest news on the region ?? ... going to Schladming next w/e but could re-organise and do Kaprun if it looks like it's warming up a lot
ski holidays
5 degrees in Zell today
snow conditions
johnboy, Are you back from Zell now? Did you go on the Kaprun glacier? If yes, are there any decent runs up there?
latest report
johnboy,

johnboy wrote:
5 degrees in Zell today

how are this pistes at the bottom holding up ??
ski holidays
RichA,

Don't know. Just looked it up on web. Back home now Crying or Very sad
latest report
Back from St Anton.

Spring most definitely arrived this week! Could have done without my thick winter coat as most days ended up sweating buckets.

Described as "Corn snow" on the St Anton snow report I can only assume this means slush as the runs are very heavy. Still fine to ski / board all the way to resort level.

A few cm of fresh snow fell on wednesday but fell as rain lower down.

It tipped down with rain today (saturday) and was 7C in the valley but apparantly may have snowed higher up.

The thawing has also triggered off some avalanches with ski patrol also setting a few off artificially.

Still had a good week though and for a 1st visit to Austria in the winter much lighter in the wallet than france!
snow report
just back from Schladming (last night) .... still lots of snow there but very warm so pretty slushy even at the top by the late afternoon ... very quiet though so the slush is not getting cut up too much and there's some fantastic high speed carving to be had ... wouldn't want to be out there for the whole week though and unless things cool down dramatically, with preferably some fresh snow, I don't think I'll be heading out again this season
latest report
Info tonight from a local.

Raining Sad
ski holidays
Rain in Zell last night...some light snow higher up.

The sun was out, so the conditions were heavy....but very skiable.
snow report
Just got back from St Anton, very warm, although still very good snow up top, and the lower slopes seem to be holding up well due to the depth of snow they had before the warm weather. Local forcast was for it to get colder - still some great conditions to be had!
ski holidays
Kaprun glacier was superb yesterday after the snowfall on Thurs. I've just skied Saalbach today, and the north facing sloped aren't bad, but the southerly ones are mush.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy