Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA hand luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are flying BA for half term. I have just noticed that hand luggage states.

1 handbag/laptop bag (max. 23kg / 51lb and up to 40 x 30 x 15cm / 16 x 12 x 6in)

plus

1 additional cabin bag (max. 23kg / 51lb and up to 56 x 45 x 25cm / 22 x 18 x 10in)

Annoyingly our laptop bag is just over the 40cm... thanks Dell! Anybody know how closely checked these are at Gatwick?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My experience with BA is that they are not too anal.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never had my laptop bag measured. As long as it looks like a laptop bag, you'll be fine. It's people turning up with two big wheelie bags that get in trouble.

However, with every flight 100% full next weekend, unless you're in boarding group 3 or lower, there's a reasonable chance that your wheelie bags will be checked at the gate.

See you at Gatwick ! snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowdave wrote:
Never had my laptop bag measured. As long as it looks like a laptop bag, you'll be fine. It's people turning up with two big wheelie bags that get in trouble.

However, with every flight 100% full next weekend, unless you're in boarding group 3 or lower, there's a reasonable chance that your wheelie bags will be checked at the gate.

See you at Gatwick ! snowHead

That’s what we are hoping Smile. Andrews ski boots are in the wheelie case. It is a proper Dell laptop bag.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Given the amount of ridiculous stuff I've seen brought on as cabin baggage on BA flights you should be fine.

However, as mentioned by @snowdave, the lower down the pecking order you are the higher the chance of bags being assigned to the hold. Coming back through Geneva with BA last weekend, every bag intended for the cabin was being checked as you entered the queues and given a yellow tag, this was checked again at the check-in desk. Those in Club had "Guaranteed Cabin Bag"........

Standard advice as always is check-in early as possible on-line, bag drop early at the airport, and be at the front of the queue for your boarding group.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's worth packing one of the wheelie bags with things you definitely don't need on board. I generally find that they are happy to check this at the normal checkin, even if it puts you over the "hold pieces" limit, since they'd like to maximise cabin bag space on board. That way you save the aggro of dragging the thing round the airport.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowdave wrote:
It's worth packing one of the wheelie bags with things you definitely don't need on board. I generally find that they are happy to check this at the normal checkin, even if it puts you over the "hold pieces" limit, since they'd like to maximise cabin bag space on board. That way you save the aggro of dragging the thing round the airport.

This is what I am hoping for.

I do hope that they won’t be try and take the kids rucksacks off them? They are only small and fit under the seat?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@NickyJ, each person gets the cabin allowance, so as long as the kids have seats then they can also have the allowance. You just can't carry that many bags and the kids. Once old enough our used the trunki backpacks that were booster seats for the hire car/minivans.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You will be OK with the laptop bag - as people say it's to stop people bringing ridiculous amounts of hand luggage on board with them. BA do not usually measure every single piece of luggage (unlike some other airlines!) However, even though you are entitled to a cabin bag and a laptop bag, once you get every seat filled on an aircraft there are simply not enough lockers to hold them all, and often some larger pieces will be placed in the hold. I work on the aircraft and it's frustrating to miss on on-time getaway because dozens of people are wondering where to put their huge wheelie and won't give them up to go in the hold. You wouldn't believe the amount some people insist is essential in the cabin with them for a 90 minute flight! It can't hurt to offer to have it put in the hold 'if it helps them out' - it will help them, and it will mean you don't have to drag it round with you too. They won't take your kids' rucksacks off them though (unless they are of gigantic proportions! I only let my kids bring on a flight what they can carry themselves. Mean parent! Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pandora wrote:
You will be OK with the laptop bag - as people say it's to stop people bringing ridiculous amounts of hand luggage on board with them. BA do not usually measure every single piece of luggage (unlike some other airlines!) However, even though you are entitled to a cabin bag and a laptop bag, once you get every seat filled on an aircraft there are simply not enough lockers to hold them all, and often some larger pieces will be placed in the hold. I work on the aircraft and it's frustrating to miss on on-time getaway because dozens of people are wondering where to put their huge wheelie and won't give them up to go in the hold. You wouldn't believe the amount some people insist is essential in the cabin with them for a 90 minute flight! It can't hurt to offer to have it put in the hold 'if it helps them out' - it will help them, and it will mean you don't have to drag it round with you too. They won't take your kids' rucksacks off them though (unless they are of gigantic proportions! I only let my kids bring on a flight what they can carry themselves. Mean parent! Laughing

Snap - their rucksacks have a magazine, pad, a few pens, tablet, headphones, pair of ski gloves, hat and sunglasses (so that when they arrive they can use straight away Happy)

They also have to carry their own.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yay got a text and email inviting us to check in our hand baggage for free. Yay.

However also had lastminute panic and decided to add laptop into one of the suitcases.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
NickyJ wrote:
Yay got a text and email inviting us to check in our hand baggage for free. Yay.

However also had lastminute panic and decided to add laptop into one of the suitcases.

Everyone gets that email now Happy so do it at checkin.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We did indeed and all part of automated bag drop.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy