Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pila, places to eat on the mountain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we're planning to do a coupe of days in Pila later this year, I've skied there for 1 day previously, nearly 20 years ago. I'd welcome any recommendationss for food and coffee ( plus a cake of course) breaks, preferably up the mountain rather than back at base, we will have our 14yr old with us, so good pizza, pasta and local dishes work for us, happy with self service if it's good food. Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@geoffknight, lots of nice places to eat and cheap. Around the Pila village there’s dozens the only one I’ve eaten in is the one near the bottom of the Chamole chair which was ok. At the top of the chair is a very nice cosy place to eat and if it’s sunny, sun bathe. Near the bottom of the nouva chair is the huge and busy Hermitage, it’s self service, cheap and decent food.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Top of the Chamole chair is lovely
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
"Masion Jean"(?) is a good option for both Pizza and Cake. I like the place at the bottom of the Grimod for it's coffee while 'Societe' off Nouva is also a fave. Oh, the place on the side of the Nouva is good too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@geoffknight, the Montanara pizzeria has a wood-fired oven and does (well, it did a few years back) brilliant pizza. It's at the very top of the resort, attached to Plan Bois hotel - veer left off pistes 14/15, a couple of hundred yards above the cable car base station.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies, will,try and sample all of them, love a wood fired pizza oven so Montanara sounds particularly good.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just come back from our trip there.
Never do Pizza for lunch personally but the La Piazzetta, just off the village run is brilliant pizza.
Also Maision de Jean and Trattoria Dei Maestri - on the flat bit in village are very good and have Pizza.

Evening best Pizza is either above or as mentioned Plan Bois (long walk) or Grimod (by the ice rink in centre of old village)

Societe brilliant food - tricky to find as it is tucked away off run 6. The back is off the natural half pipe valley or carry on down 7 and then take a sharp right to get to the front. Best sun bathing spot. Not to mention €3 for a Prosecco which comes with a plate very interesting nibbles - you have to try it.

Chateleine (off 5) is great for huge sarnis and soup - if you can't fill them here there is something wrong.

Toasted sarnies and huge salads at Della Nouva - bottom of Baby Goraza carpet lift. Next door to La Piazzetta.

Yeti (opposite Gondola station from Aosta) brilliant food and no kids in there now as they have stopped doing Interski at lunch.

Its Italy no where is bad and all reasonable - Other Maison de Jean & Trattoria Dei Maestri which are expensive. Interesting Maison de Jean is under new management and open in the evenings now.

Have fun
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Update from today's visit, Montanara was all closed up, not sure if that's temporary or permanent as we saw it from the chair lift, and due to my wife being flung off at the top of Couis 2, a non detachable chair, we had to settle for lunch at Le Hermiatge, which proved to be good, self service and very good value. We thought we were in for a day of horrible ques when we saw all the Interski coaches in the car park, but pleasantly surprised how quiet the slopes were, and in good condition throughout the day.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I found Pila to be surprisingly quiet on the one day I visited, early Feb a few years back, which I think was some kind of holiday/festival in the valley. Lots of untracked bits between pistes too.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We are currently in Pila. We swung by Pizzeria Montanara a couple of days ago to ask what time they opened in the evening. They said that they are only open for Plan Bois Hotel residents at the moment; maybe because it is half term(?).... We ended up getting a takeaway pizza from La Piazzetta instead that evening and it was delicious.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@jilly, La Piazzetta is brilliant and a lot easier to get to.

Hope they have got all the lifts running for you
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
All the lifts are running except the Grimondet chair (on RHS of piste map), and the snow is great.
We’re doing a day trip to La Thuile/La Rosiere today.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It is the Grimondet Chair I was talking about. We like the runs off that and it is always even more quiet over there. Rubbish old 2 man fixed chair but great runs.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy