Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LAKE TAHOE USA: 2.2 meter snow totals over 4 days

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
February 8, 2019 - reporting from Lake Tahoe, California USA

Squaw Valley USA reported 7.5 feet of fresh snow = 2.28 meter of new snow within 4 days of storms + another incoming storm is hitting today Feb 8 at 4PM PST California time and the forecast calls for 2 to 4 more feet (1.2 meter) of snow storm from Friday Feb 8, 2019 evening until Monday morning of Feb 11 2019. High wind/gusts and whiteout conditions expected during this two punch storm series.

Monday afternoon Feb 11 until Feb 14 would be EPIC dream like powder skiing, snowboarding / an ideal time to partake in the fresh POWDER since forecast calls for a break in storms.

View snow photos from Tahoe resorts below.

Planning a trip to Tahoe resorts?

Connect for ride-sharing / carpooling from San Francisco Bay Area to Lake Tahoe ski resorts at

http://www.snowpals.org/info/tahoe-rideshare/

Aside from bus transportation options available in San Francisco Bay Area to and from Lake Tahoe, ridesharing / carpooling is also great option since Bay Area folks drive to Tahoe resorts seven days a week from college students/retirees to working professionals who are mostly weekend warriors: Use SnowPals.org for Snow sports destination trips to Tahoe; with over 8k members, your chance to catch a rideshare is high. Founded in 1999 by a few buddies, we help bring SF Bay Area residents and visitors to Lake Tahoe together to enjoy snow-sports for the last 20 years.

Share carpooling expenses and meet ski and snowboarding buddies to ski and ride with and to get the inside scoop on tips from local skiers and boarders especially if you are into the backcountry solitude and natural mountain scenic beauty.

Join SnowPals.org to share the joy of snow-sports. 2018/19 season is our 20th year of bringing folks together for ski trips to Tahoe resorts and to other POWDER DESTINATIONS.

Discount ski bus one day & two day trips to Tahoe resorts

http://www.snowpals.org/deals/tahoe-ski-bus/

Browse Tahoe vacation rentals:

http://www.snowpals.org/rentals/

Browse Tahoe ski leases:

http://www.snowpals.org/leases/

* Check out resorts' LIVE CAMS + Road Traffic Reports / Chain Controls + Resort Specific Snow Report + California Roadway Realtime Cameras + Public Transport Options to get around Lake Tahoe at

http://www.snowpals.org/2018/tahoe-ski-resorts-opening-dates/

Lake Tahoe Area Ski Resorts..

North Tahoe - Squaw Valley USA, Alpine Meadows, Northstar at Tahoe, Sugar Bowl, Mt Rose, Diamond Peak, Tahoe Donner Ski Ranch, Boreal Mountain Resort, Homewood MTN Resort

South Tahoe - Heavenly, Sierra at Tahoe, Kirkwood











Photo above: can you identify your car by wiper blades?



Photo above: Skiing Lake View Run @ Heavenly Ski Resort South Lake Tahoe





snowHead
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's called Tuesday on Hokkaido
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mike Pow wrote:
It's called Tuesday on Hokkaido


Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BobinCH wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:
It's called Tuesday on Hokkaido


Laughing Laughing Laughing
Smile Not too many of us fortunate souls get over there just yet - it's on the top of a long bucket list Wink
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@snowpalsdotorg,
Hi - can I ask for a bit of advice please?
Looking to ski Tahoe next year - when would you recommend? Would prefer to avoid general holiday times (Christmas ect) and school holidays (English and American) - we have no date restrictions.
Have family in Los Gatos so would like to combine a ski trip with visiting them - I think I am write in saying the drive is not too long?
Many thanks for your help - and great tips in post above - all noted!
Very Happy
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Mike Pow, Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The weekend of Presidents Day (third Monday in Feb) will be very busy, but it's 3 days and the various half - term holidays in the UK have negligable effect (unlike some Alpine resorts). So if you were there for 2 weeks, Presidents Day wouldn't be such a big a deal over the whole holiday, however avoiding it would almost certainly be beneficial for accommodation prices. One good thing about a ski trip to Tahoe, much of winter is basically low season in Tahoe, so that helps with accommodation.

As a general rule of skiing in the US, don't buy day tickets at the ticket office if you can avoid it! If you are going to Tahoe, obviously it will depend whether you want to base yourself in one place and mostly ski one mountain or whether you want to try and get around as many areas as possible. The Vail Resorts early bird Tahoe Value Pass is definitely worth considering, its valid at Heavenly (7 days a week) and Kirkwood and Northstar (6 days a week) with a small number of holiday days blacked out . Literally 3-4 days of skiing on the window rack rate at Northstar or Heavenly pays for this pass.
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dippy it’s 4h ish to LG as I do same
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
many thanks for great advice - really appreciated!
Was thinking of going early - mid March. And would like to do as much skiing in as many different areas as possible - so I guess would look at staying in a couple of different locations.
Would almost certainly organise this as a DIY trip to make use of airmiles so any more tips greatly received Very Happy
ski holidays     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
haggishunter wrote:
The weekend of Presidents Day (third Monday in Feb) will be very busy, but it's 3 days and the various half - term holidays in the UK have negligable effect (unlike some Alpine resorts). So if you were there for 2 weeks, Presidents Day wouldn't be such a big a deal over the whole holiday, however avoiding it would almost certainly be beneficial for accommodation prices. One good thing about a ski trip to Tahoe, much of winter is basically low season in Tahoe, so that helps with accommodation.

As a general rule of skiing in the US, don't buy day tickets at the ticket office if you can avoid it! If you are going to Tahoe, obviously it will depend whether you want to base yourself in one place and mostly ski one mountain or whether you want to try and get around as many areas as possible. The Vail Resorts early bird Tahoe Value Pass is definitely worth considering, its valid at Heavenly (7 days a week) and Kirkwood and Northstar (6 days a week) with a small number of holiday days blacked out . Literally 3-4 days of skiing on the window rack rate at Northstar or Heavenly pays for this pass.


SORRY, been busy just catching up on the to do list. Some tips: try to avoid holiday weekends as they are extremely congested traffic wise and if you combine that with a storm = gridlock, a week ago, folks were stuck in their cars for 4-5 hours due to a number of things: cars spun out, accidents, avalanche control road closures, white-out conditions due to high winds combined with heavy snowfall - see https://twitter.com/StaceyLeach12/status/1092588454049832960?fbclid=IwAR3b9z-KxcfyxK62g1eoQpHon3s81QXAqaZXltcUfz8Iih_335RZ4RFZ_Dw

In terms of lift ticket deals, also concurred that online purchase is the lowest; we list some on-going deals such as get a free lift ticket on your birthday, etc at http://www.snowpals.org/deals/daily-tahoe-tips/

Also if you know someone with a season pass at a Tahoe resort, they can get you a buddy pass for as much as 25% off. Lodging wise, expect to pay as much as 40-50% more for lodging/hotels during holiday periods, students Spring Break, etc. If you must go during these peak times, best value stay would be in Reno, Nevada which is about 45 min to 1 hours drive to the nearest North Tahoe resort. Also, you would have more restaurant options and better prices plus casinos with buffets too.

Hope that helps Wink
snow conditions     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dippy wrote:
@snowpalsdotorg,
Hi - can I ask for a bit of advice please?
Looking to ski Tahoe next year - when would you recommend? Would prefer to avoid general holiday times (Christmas ect) and school holidays (English and American) - we have no date restrictions.
Have family in Los Gatos so would like to combine a ski trip with visiting them - I think I am write in saying the drive is not too long?
Many thanks for your help - and great tips in post above - all noted!
Very Happy


Avoid holidays except Christmas - for some reason, most folks stay home and slopes are not busy. Best bet if you want the slopes to yourself is most non-holiday weekdays you will have an uncrowded experience in Tahoe and in addition lift tickets online are cheaper on weekdays. If you plan to ski 4 or more days, you should get a season pass since after 4 times, you'd have paid enough to equal the cost of a season pass at most resort. If you don't mind slushy Spring skiing, April is less crowded too.

Just a heads up; might not be able to get to your questions right away but will try as time allows. Cheers!
latest report     



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy