Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Link Closure in Sauze D'Oulx

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know why the Cresta 27 is closed from the top of the Fraiteve into Sauze D'oulx? I thought I saw a mention of an accident on these forums, but without any more details.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I heard this today and googling suggests it is as a result of the tragic death of 9 year old who girl crashed into a wooden windbreak in early January. According to Corriere della Sera, https://torino.corriere.it/cronaca/19_gennaio_04/morte-camilla-sequestrate-quattro-piste-sci-sauze-d-oulx-1c039cac-103d-11e9-979d-2767d72e669d.shtml?refresh_ce-cp

4 pistes have been closed by the public prosecutor after an inspection and while lift company managers are investigated for manslaughter.

Apparently, it is likely to be closed for some time, and the only route back into Sauze is either via a black runs or local bus

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 5-02-19 18:15; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
volfy wrote:
Does anyone know why the Cresta 27 is closed from the top of the Fraiteve into Sauze D'oulx? I thought I saw a mention of an accident on these forums, but without any more details.

[url=https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=140516&highlight=sauze][/url]

Fatal accident earlier in the season
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you Moss and t4tomo. I can imagine lack of / icy snow led to the two tragedies. If it's anything like the Coletto Verde saga, it could go on for years.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Volfy - Chatted recently about this here https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=140516&start=40. To get back to Sauze, there are 2 blacks open at present it seems with the blue/red closed. We are due out on the 10th March and doesn't look like they will be open anytime soon Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spike107 wrote:
Volfy - Chatted recently about this here https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=140516&start=40. To get back to Sauze, there are 2 blacks open at present it seems with the blue/red closed. We are due out on the 10th March and doesn't look like they will be open anytime soon Sad

Hi James, thanks. We have met before, Gerry from Ski Etoile in Montgenevre. I did see you video from another link posted above. Nice style! If it's anything like the Coletto Verde saga it will be years before any of this is resolved. Although I'd have thought that some orange netting would do the trick.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are currently in Claviere and went over to Sansicario on Tuesday. The nice runs through the trees down to Cesana were shut (loads of snow but not pisted) so we had to take 2 chair lifts down, and then the Pariol up to Sansicario. When we got to the top of the Olimpica, all the nice reds to the left (right on the piste map 79, 71, etc) were closed. There were just a few chopped up, busy, icy reds 21, etc, and we found the blacks better as there were fewer people and less ice. We couldn't be bothered to go further over to Sauze or Sestriere as we'd spent so long on lifts. We cut the day short and came back to Claviere. We were really disappointed. There was plenty of snow, but not pisted, so if you knew the runs really well you could go off piste where the pistes would be, if that makes sense. We'll stick to Montgenevre for the rest of the week.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowing in Via Lattea today. Anyone here able to report on how snow is/ how deep etc. Am checking apps obsessively
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://m.facebook.com/sauzeonline/photos/a.10153600710535114/10162393184580114/?type=3&source=48&ref=page_internal
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy