Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flachau information

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I am trying to organise a boys weekend away in March.

Salzburg is looking good for an early flight in and an afternoon flight back, so was thinking Ski Amade gets good reviews on here.

Am I right in thinking Flachau is a bit livelier in terms of apres than Wagrain or Alpendorf (dont needs huge amounts, but a bar or two would be good)

Any recommendations for taxi transfer companies, there will be 4or 5 of us, so that seems best option to maximise on slope time.

Also a fairly specific question that @holidayloverxx, I’m sure I’ve read on an Amade thread I was researching you live there, might be able to help with, there are a lot of apartments off Griessenkarweg road, can you walk or ski through off that road to the Acher Jet, or do you have to walk round via the main road? There is a strange blue line on google maps which looks promising. If so it looks a convenient location for both lift access and bars / restaurants.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@t4tomo, we are hiring a car (on advice from others here) from Salzburg. We go a week on Saturday so will feed back how we get on.

I did get a quote from Alps 2 Alps for a transfer but as I said we were advised to get a car so that we can visit the different ski area so easily within the Ski Amade region.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Consider a hire car and a Superski pass, it will be cheaper and you can visit other ski areas. It changes your idea of a ski holiday and it's good fun feeling adventurous - and you get to make notes on different places you might like to try in the future!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Klamm Franzer wrote:
Consider a hire car and a Superski pass, it will be cheaper and you can visit other ski areas. It changes your idea of a ski holiday and it's good fun feeling adventurous - and you get to make notes on different places you might like to try in the future!

True, although there is a fair bit to go at in the linked areas of Flachau, Wagrain, Alpendorg, and Flachauwinkl / Zauchensee (quick ski bus link) for 3or4 days skiing. A week would maybe be a different call.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Transfers: www.reisen-habersatter.at around €50 per person return.

Flachau and Wagrain both reasonably lively, but Flachau probably more so. Alpendorf is more of a small ski satellite for St Johann.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@t4tomo, huber reisen also €50 pp return...Flachau based. It will be an 8 seater minibus.

Tell me more about the blue line...not sure where you mean exactly...it might be the langlauf track. Maybe give me an apartment name
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Griessenkarweg is the road from the Musistadl up to the Lisaalm, right? If so, it should be fairly easy to almost ski back to apartments along there. Depending how far up the apartment is, it might be possible to ski to the Achter, but even if it's at the bottom by the Musistadl it's not much of a walk.

Thin blue lines on google maps are normally small rivers/streams.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@queenie pretty please, as you know GriessenKarweg is a very long road snaking up the mountain - the OP could be looking at anywhere from the main road at the Musistadl to the top of the mountain; an aprtment name would be useful to place it on the map. If it is at the bottom by the Musistadl the OP could skate alongside the langlauf track
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@queenie pretty please, as you know GriessenKarweg is a very long road snaking up the mountain - the OP could be looking at anywhere from the main road at the Musistadl to the top of the mountain; an aprtment name would be useful to place it on the map. If it is at the bottom by the Musistadl the OP could skate alongside the langlauf track

I was looking a the flat bit at the bottom from the main road upto the Hotel Santa Barbara ish where the hairpins start. It looks like you should be able to walk through to the Acher Jet from there, but google maps and reality can be different? Appreciate the local knowledge.

“Thin blue lines on google maps are normally small rivers/streams” it’s a dead straight line, it could be a drainage ditch / gutter I guess, it goes off by the first corner past “promi alm almdorf Flachau” if you expand google maps out a bit.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@t4tomo, yes, i think it's drainage. You can walk/skate across the field towards unterberggase (where my flat is on the rectangular shaped but of road) to pick up the achterjet. It is a langlauf track.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks. That area looks pretty handy then. @holidayloverxx, cracking location you’ve chosen, fall out of bed into the lift!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@t4tomo, pretty much - I was lucky!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@t4tomo Walked it last Friday. There is a path from the Gutshof Chalet Complex to the Achterjet. Just watch out for the drunken Dutch on the way back! Same going the other way from the Gutshof across to the Star Jet but that one does have Langlauf on it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@panaga52, ace, thanks. I reckon we’ll fit in with Dutch just fine. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@panaga52, it's langlauf all the way to the little electricity substation thing on unterberggasse, not just from the stadl to star jet. I langlaufed along it at new year and it's my regular short cut to the musistadl
snow report
From where the Langlauf trail bisects the GriessenKarweg on a S-N tangent, walk 200 paces W to the Gusthof chalet complex reception building. Carry on W until you pass the 3rd chalet building on the right. Turn N (Right) towards the Achter Jet and parallel the remaining 2 chalets on your right. From there (as at 15.00hrs on Fri 01 Feb 19) some kindly local had cut a path across the 80m gap to the Hotel Lisa (Unterberggasse 197). From there it is 60 m to the Achter Jet Base Station. Which will be on your left.

But assuming you're not a complete moron and have sufficient vision to enable you to ski you will be able to see the Achter Jet from your start point and not require the skills of a Homing Pigeon to correct any minor inaccuracies posted in my earlier comment!

Pedant: "A person who is excessively concerned with formalism, accuracy, and precision, or one who makes an ostentatious and arrogant show of learning".
latest report
@panaga52, if carlsberg did precise directions....... Very Happy

I can see exactly where you mean on Gmaps. Thanks.
ski holidays
Deleted...due to stupidity (mine)

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 7-02-19 11:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
I think the pedant comment was self depreciating humour, correcting her/his own earlier Post and not aimed at you @holidayloverxx,
ski holidays
@t4tomo, you are very kind wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy