Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: La Plagne 1800 27 Jan 2019 Chalet Vega Alpine Elements

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks everyone for helping me book the fabulous holiday we just had in La Plagne. Perhaps this trip report will help someone.

We booked the week before travelling and secured a cracking deal of just under £1,000 for two with flights, transfers and catered chalet with Alpine Elements. We stayed at the Chalet Vega in Plagne 1800, one of their premier chalets this year. The chalet was brilliantly located, only a 2 minute walk to the hire place (we used Sport 2000, all fine) and slopes. The chalet has only just been rennovated and it is of fantastic quality. The infra-red sauna was cosy but those that used it seemed to find it effective. The rooms were of good size and beds very comfortable. The ensuites were generous in size. Powerful showers and plenty of hot water! The better rooms were probably at the back as you had no noise from the road or people (chalet is located next to Le Mine bar, great apres location). Our chalet was full with 12 people but we never felt on top of each other and could all comfortably sit to enjoy the pre-dinner drinks etc. The food was really good and our chalet host George was fab. He took perfect care of us all. The cakes were lovely to come back to and I certainly ate more calories than I burned off...

Plagne 1800 is a small villlage and wouldn't entertain you all day. However it had all we needed (slopes and our chalet plus apres options and resturants for chalet staff two nights off). The bus stop was right outside the chalet so going to Plagne Centre was effortless. The ski area is massive and there were plenty of options for skiing in the local area. Good mix of tree lined runs for poor vis days. We had near perfect conditions in my opinion. Fresh snow overnight and blues skies for part of the day. We skied over to Les Arcs once and it was a mission to get most of the way across. We did enjoy the different style of runs in Les Arcs and I found the red runs a bit more friendly. I am an intermediate skier so stayed on pistes and tried to play in powder between runs Laughing I would happily return to the ski area as I have plenty left that I never got to explore. I would probably look to stay in a more central village to give better options for going across the whole area, rather than starting one end and frantically trying to make it to the other and back again! That said, I'd happily return to Chalet Vega and would be prepared to pay more than we did this time to secure it. It was very good value for money.

I would definitely book with Alpine Elements again. The team in resort were lovely and everything was effortless (except a delay flying home due to too much snow delaying staff at Grenoble from opening the airport.....) I also feel we were very lucky with the other guests, who had also all booked last minute, as it was a really lovely bunch of people. Thanks a lot to them for making it such a fun week.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, me and my girlfriend booked Room 2 in the chalet above yours (Java) for the coming Sunday. Can't wait.
Regarding ski hire after some research I am looking to book with Sport 2000, but I am not sure if I should go with the red ski, or just stick with the blue ones as I might not feel any difference. I got my own boots and have done 5-6 seasons of skiing.

I have been in the area last year in Les Coches and got the full pass, but only went to Les Arc once, so thinking if I should get the area pass only this year.

In regards to the chalet was there a fridge in chalet?
Also what time was the breakfast, afternoon cakes and dinner?
And was to noisy in the living room after midnight?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi there thank you for the trip report. We head to La Plagne next week and are staying in the same area. I haven't been to La PLagne before - was it easy enough to take the Melezes chair to access the main ski areas? Were there many queues? TIA
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey,

I'm jealous you both are heading out soon! I'm still buzzing from our trip despite being back at work ha ha

For ski hire we actually went for the black set. I would go for the red though if you are choosing between blue and red. It's the last bit you need for your holiday so I tend to think that it is worth the extra money to get a nicer ski.

There is a benefit of getting an extra half day skiing when you get the full area pass. We had such a smooth journey that we arrived in resort, picked equipment up at 2pm and headed out to the slopes for a couple of hours. I've never done that before and it was great. Got my first day jitters out of the way! If you think you may ski first day (travelling conditions allowing) and will give it a go at least one day to Les Arcs then then area pass is worth it. There isn't much of a price difference. However there is plenty of varied skiing available in just La Plagne. I recommend heading to the runs above Champagny. They are really lovely and much quieter.

There is a fridge in the chalet but it is rammed full of food for the chalet. Those wanting to store anything left it outside their windows or on the balcony. Breakfast was served between 8 and 9am, afternoon tea technically from 4:30pm but the stuff was left out when the host left after breakfast was sorted so the bread was tucked in to at lunch if people popped back. Need to be considerate of the others and not eat all the cake before they get back! Canapes and fizz was served at 6pm and the starter around 6:30pm. Quite early I thought but it means the hosts can get everything done and still have a tiny bit of their evening. We didn't hear any noise from the lounge but our chalet lot wore themselves out skiing so we were often asleep well before midnight!

Skibeskibe - very easy to get the Melezes chair. Not too bad a queue first thing (9am) but rush hour is more like from 9:30. We never waited very long but the next connecting chair Bergerie would have a bit of a queue. The chair with the biggest queue each morning we found to be Arpette in Plagne Bellecote as it is an important link. It is all weather dependent of course and snow overnight will have an impact on lifts opening. It is easy to go to the Plagne 1800 chair as well. We found that side a bit quieter in the morning.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's useful information thank you SnowPloughPrincess
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy