Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stick or twist?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to via lattea on the 16th of March for 10 days skiing, all intermediate and up level skiers, mainly piste, no powderhounds.

The snow in via lattea has been a bit hit and miss so far and I’m a bit worried we will have a snowless trip if the weather heats up between now and then. We have free cancellation on our accommodation so I’m tempted to book somewhere else with free cancellation as a backup in case there is now snow.

My question is, where offers a much better chance of good snow within 2-3 hours drive of Turin? Or is there no point and I should stop worrying, we will have snow in Milky Way mid March? Any help appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
French side? Serve Chevalier?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Our friends went to Serre Chevalier during the same week last year and had a fantastic mix of skiing and sun. They loved it. You could also look north to Cervinia or Monterosa too
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For snow certainty - Orelle is less than 2 hours from Turin and gives you a backdoor into Val Thorens and the 3 Valleys. Or head north to Cervinia.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Since you're going during low season and you have free cancellation on your current accommodation, why not just wait until nearer the time (start of March) and see what conditions are like then? You've already sorted flights and there should be plenty of accommodation still available.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We skied Sauze at New Year - it hadn't snowed since 13/12 and the temps had been warm (no cannons). There was still plenty to do (we'd been 3 times before, so know the area pretty well). The snow was in great condition and we had a great time. There are some lower runs, which weren't open at the time, but I think they had the cannons on them since we left, and now it's dumped it down too.
If you can hang on, then it's worth it - it's a great area for intermediates. Where is your accom? Will you have a car? Lift pass gives you a day in Montgenevre too.
Do you follow Sauzeonline/Sestriereonline? Great snow reports!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They've just had 1m of snow so the situation is very different from this time last week. Hang on, see how it goes. When does your free cancellation run out?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the suggestions! I think we will wait it out, we can cancel up to 7 days before and provided there is snow (and accommodation) nearby we can change resort without too much bother as the flights and hire car are booked. I think SC might be the best bet if we have to move. Real shame as we were out there in March last year and the snow was fantastic!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Going to resurrect this one. Snow is looking terrible so we’ve decided to change resorts! Need to decide between....

Serre Chevalier
Morzine/Avoriaz/les Gets
Cervinia

Basically we want the best snow possible with some restaurants and bars for some good apres ski.

Any help would be great! Andrew
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Its still a long time to the 16th March
No one can tell you now where will have the best snow then
I'd wait till much closer.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@LDP816, I wouldn't go to any of those. I would go to Paradiski or 3V.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks like things are going to get much better in the coming days, we are going to stick with it, but have tacked on an extra 2 days in Cervinia at the end of the trip (24th/25th of march) everything crossed it all goes to plan!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@LDP816, Which resort are you going to in the via lattea?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@snowymum, Staying in Sestriere but hope to make use of as much of the area as we can, Montgenevre Is on the hit list for a day too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy