Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer share to Saalbach from Salzburg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good morning - Is anyone travelling on the BA flight rom Heathrow that gets in at 1515 on 9th March (BA0682). We will miss the afternoon shuttle, and the next one isn't until 17.45. Looking at booking a private transfer, but it's 190 euros, and there is only the 2 of us. If anyone is in the same situation as us, and would like to share a private transfer, then we would be delighted to share Smile I've also been told that we cold go to a Crystal rep and ask to get on one of their transfer coaches (they have a flight that arrives 30 mins after we do). Has anyone done this? Thank you x
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
have you looked at bus or train on austrian railways ,we did the journey last year, bus from airport to train station train to maishofen and bus to saalbach took about 2hours and was about 15 euro each one way
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you - will have a look at that option
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mcphail, I can recommend the various public transport options. Have a look at http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en for options. If you have a smartphone then search for the OBB app.

I used the bus to get to and from Hinterglemm in December. In January (Snowy day on the 5th) I used a combination of bus and train to get to Hinterglemm without the difficulties experienced by many - arrived one time!

I'll be doing this again in March Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

@mcphail, I can recommend the various public transport options. Have a look at http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en for options. If you have a smartphone then search for the OBB app.

I used the bus to get to and from Hinterglemm in December. In January (Snowy day on the 5th) I used a combination of bus and train to get to Hinterglemm without the difficulties experienced by many - arrived one time!

I'll be doing this again in March

That's a great link, thanks very much. Do you know if the bus to Maishofen is late, do they delay the bus to Shattberg? I've visions of been stranded in Maishofen for a few hours if we miss the connection! Cheers Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
as far as connections go austrian bus and train s run like clockwork , Im not 100% sure but think there is a bus called the night bus that runs until late you could download the times from the saalbach website ,failing that a taxi from maishofen station isnt too bad and would deliver you to your accomodation door and they are outside the train station or could be sorted with a call to your hotel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

as far as connections go austrian bus and train s run like clockwork , Im not 100% sure but think there is a bus called the night bus that runs until late you could download the times from the saalbach website ,failing that a taxi from maishofen station isnt too bad and would deliver you to your accomodation door and they are outside the train station or could be sorted with a call to your hotel

Thank you very much Ski for fun - definitely something to think about. Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mcphail, we’ve never actually taken the bus from Salzburg airport to Saalbach - we intended to in December, but, owing to a cock-up on my part, ended up having to fly to Munich.
However, from what I’ve heard, the bus service can be recommended. It leaves from outside the terminal (times on www.oebb.at) and costs about 14 euros. Although you have to change at Maishofen, it’s coordinated, so that one bus doesn’t leave until the other arrives (the drivers talk to each other), and you only have to walk a few yards from one bus to the other - at least that’s what I’ve previously read on this forum from people who have regularly done it.
Much may depend on the timings and whether it works out better than waiting for the next shuttle.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy