Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Columbia visit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
plasmastorm wrote:
Mid trip update:

We arrived in Vancouver and got a pickup truck with proper snowflake tyres from Enterprise. The roads are pretty clear so the drive up the Coquihalla to Kamloops was a thing of beauty in glorious blue skies and sunshine. In the last 30km we got hit by a wayward stone from a truck and now have a lovely crack in the windscreen. Fortunately insurance will cover it all, and I took it down to Enterprise in Kamloops who assure me it's still safe and fine to drive. And I've seen so many other cracked windscreens now I'm looking for them!

First day skiing at Sun Peaks yesterday and it was empty, no queues or busy pistes and again, glorious weather. The snow on piste was perfectly 'groomed' and great fun, but some of the blacks are icy mogul sheets. Not much powder but I'm skiing with Mrs Plasmastorm who is just progressing to pisted blacks so not really an issue.

Thanks again for all your help and tips.

I've got to drive to Revelstoke in March - fully expecting windscreen woes in my f150 too! So much grit on highway 5/1, it's a miracle if you don't get a crack I think!
Maybe it would help if they made trucks have proper/any mudguards?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know but they lower a groomer of sorts from the top to get rid of the worst twigs that show through. If they need to spread out the snow at the end of the season they do sometimes do it again. That's it though.@stuarth,
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah there seem to be a couple of groomed blacks each day, but there is a decent variety of steep blues as well which she loves.

We've decided to do an extra day there tomorrow as we like it so much Smile Also I forgot to locate the cinnamon loaf things so will go and have a look!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They are in the sunburnt cafe up the hill and the umberela cafe at the bottom of the "orient"chair lift (count your teeth fillings before and after eating one).
We are in whistler at the moment and missing the quite runs. Still using my SP season pass though it get us 50% off tickets in whistler Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks! Will hunt them down Smile

We're driving to Whistler on Sunday morning, going to do the Peak2peak on that afternoon then ski the Monday. A day sightseeing in Vancouver on Tuesday then the 9pm flight home.

Looks like the weather is staying nice til we leave, which is a bonus!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds like a great trip, hope the weather is good for your Peak2peak this afternoon, try and get a car with the glass bottom although they are probably well scratched by now! Happy flight home on Tuesday.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bluebird day so perfect day for sightseeing, but dress warm! It's -18 up here!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy