Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late season (from April 8th) in Italy...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We’d like an additional late season trip this year, so I am looking for ideas on where to go.

We (family with two boys 11+9) love skiing in Italy. We like sunshine, piste skiing - esp long runs, nice restaurants for lunch etc. A hotel we can ski from and to (a bit of a walk is ok, but no hanging around for buses) with a spa/pool. Not worried about off-piste, late nights, ski school. We ski several times a year in the Dolomites, but April 8th will be too late for there. We’ll fly to one of the major airports and hire a car. Budget is flexible, we want to ski Tue/Wed/Thu + Fri morning if somewhere not too far from the airport.

Cervinia looks like it could be an option - I haven’t been there for years.

Bormio? A bit of a trek from the airport, but could be good.

Sestriere? If they stay open the extra week, which seems to be weather/snow/business dependent.

Further ideas please? Austria could be an option but I don’t know where. France - possibly, but we don’t like the ski factories.

Over to you fellow Snowheads....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a long way from the airport but Livigno is good late season. Cervinia is high but mainly southerly aspect so snow could get very slushy in April.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been to Cervinia in April and it was fantastic. Comments about south facing are fair but we found it was only the home runs below Plan Maison that were slushy. It's easy to drive too and the food is great.

I've also been to Solden at Easter and that was very good.

Enjoy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ditto Cervinia. Ski over to Zermatt for northerly aspect? Food is great. Table service in Chalet Etoile and Bontadini are tops for me.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Passo Tonnale a good option. Try naasfeld in Austria you can ski in Italy! Beautiful resort. Highly recommend hotel Franz Ferdinand.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
April 8 would be doable for Mayrhofen (Zillertall) area, I believe (Austria), and certainly the Hintertux glacier - see my own recent enquiries on this. Accessible from Innsbruck and Munich easily by car, maybe other airports.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Grizzler wrote:
April 8 would be doable for Mayrhofen (Zillertall) area, I believe (Austria), and certainly the Hintertux glacier - see my own recent enquiries on this. Accessible from Innsbruck and Munich easily by car, maybe other airports.

This would coincide with Mayrhofen Snowbombing.

Don’t know whether you would see that as a good or bad thing but may be an issue with availability of accomodation?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@NickyJ, fair point... Maybe a week or so later, then? (Depends on how stuck the OP is for exact dates.)
Still, at least they expect to have snow wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Grizzler wrote:
@NickyJ, fair point... Maybe a week or so later, then? (Depends on how stuck the OP is for exact dates.)
Still, at least they expect to have snow wink

We will be there the week after Happy. Second week of Easter school holidays and last week Mayrhofen is open for. Hoping will be nice and quiet that week.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@NickyJ, if I can get the flights and twist Mr G's bits to take a week off work, might even join you Very Happy (would certainly like to). Want to go back to the glacier sometime; need to go back to where I got bumped off, too...
I really like Mayrhofen in the spring sunshine (ditto all Austrian alpine areas, tbh.)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Grizzler, only 4 days leave needed for that week which was one of the reasons for picking it. That and that we found nice cheap accommodation Happy

We booked via Sunweb which include lift passes. We are flying to Salzburg as we used Flightpass to get our half term flights, only cost £100 extra to extend the dates to cover Easter school holidays (for all 4 of us). Happy. Though there are closer airports.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy