Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Touring and alpine boot

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Appealing to the wide band of SH knowledge.

Does there exist a make of boot which will work with both touring (pin) bindings and standard alpine bindings without requiring the touring attachment to be fitted to the heel?

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lots but technica cochise 130 to name one
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any boot that has Tech/Pin toe fittings will also have the required heel fitting already in place. Tech/Pin bindings such as the Marker Kingpin doesn’t require a boot to have the tech heel fitting, as it has a more standard looking heel piece, but it will work with boots that do have the tech heel fittings.

You can get boots like the Scarpa Freeride that have swappable soles to work with either.

https://www.scarpa.net/en/freeride.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Atomic Hawx does one
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Big Paua, do you mean a boot with tech/toe pins but specifically with an ISO 5355 alpine sole (not a touring, gripwalk or WTR sole which are different shapes)?

A lot of bindings now are ‘multi norm compatible’ and will accept different sole types.

As said above, any boots with tech/toe pins will have the moulded heel for the heel pins. The “touring attachment” you mention may be the additional metal piece that the Dynafit Beast binding needs, but that’s only for this binding.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all.
@Themasterpiece, Yes, I’ve got the Beast “touring attachment” on my Technicas but (after tears and tantrums) have ditched the Beasts and fitted Dynafit Radicals.
The reason for my query is long and boring involving a back problem probably restricting me to the piste this season, quiver killers and the resurrection of some alpine bindings from down the back of the sofa but I guess it all comes down to the following issue:
Do you find touring bindings don’t flex backwards and forwards or absorb impact as much as alpine bindings and therefore deliver a much harder and juddering ride in the turn on hard snow?
Or is it my imagination? And bad technique?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Big Paua, the Shift doesn't wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Juddering more to do with the ski than binding, I would think.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Big Paua, If you're skiing Radicals then you can remove the Beast Power Inserts from your boot heel and replace them with the standard inserts that came with the boots. If your skiing the Radical 2's then they got as much elasticity as the vast majority of alpine bindings but if you're skiing the Radical (1) then that has a fixed in-line toe and only minimal rearwards absorption in the heel so they will give you a harsher ride on hardpack.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 2-02-19 14:15; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@spyderjon, Thanks for that Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy