Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arcteryx Zip Fastener Repair

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Zip snapped on an arcteryx comp jacket that I may need in the next 6 weeks. Contacted Arcteryx and they would repair but would have to send to Switzerland and it might take 6 weeks. As its the only decent jacket that's not in store, dont really want to be without it for 6 weeks. Anyone any suggestions. The Zip has effectively snapped in half so it has the slider but no pull tab.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've replaced the pull tags off zips with a thin key ring before.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dreamcatcher, +1, or a spliced nylon cord torched at the ends.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

replaced the pull tags off zips with a thin key ring before.

I've used split cotter rings on leather biker jacket : often get them from sailing chandlers etc
https://www.s3i.co.uk/split-cotter-ring.php
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If it needs a full zip repair/replacement then can recommend

http://lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cad99uk wrote:
If it needs a full zip repair/replacement then can recommend

http://lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk

These are good had repairs down myself too Smile But they don't use genuine zips, you'll get a generic one.

BUT Arcteryx usually offer a very generous guarantee on items, so either repair or replace. As the slider is useable just attach something to it to use as a temporary measure.

Also you don't have to return it to Switzerland - that's just ridiculous wink you send it to the UK Arcteryx agent who then forward it on -it used to be Bigstone Madeye-Smiley So I'd try them first, if its not they'll probably know who it is Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@dan100, if it's a replacement pull tab you need then what you need is a Zip Buddy. They're designed to replace the fiddly little pull tab with a bigger version that can be used with gloved hands etc. The company that makes them sent me a few samples to see if I wanted to purchase some so I put them on a couple of jackets and they actually work really well. I've got a spare so if you PM me your address you can have it.

latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@dan100, this any good, https://sugru.com/sport-outdoor/fix-any-zip-with-sugru, I am a fan of Sugru
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon wrote:
@dan100, if it's a replacement pull tab you need then what you need is a Zip Buddy. They're designed to replace the fiddly little pull tab with a bigger version that can be used with gloved hands etc. The company that makes them sent me a few samples to see if I wanted to purchase some so I put them on a couple of jackets and they actually work really well. I've got a spare so if you PM me your address you can have it.

Thank you. Arrived safely
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Could have used one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=short+camera+lanyard
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Find your local seamstress, my local one replaced the zip in my Mountain Equipment jacket for £15
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy