Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gwyneth Paltrow sued over skiing accident

Poster: A snowHead
holidayloverxx wrote:
eps wrote:

I'd be inclined to think that the 50 year old was more in control than the 72 year old.

Really? Why??
+1 Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Hurtle, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eps wrote:

I'd be inclined to think that the 50 year old was more in control than the 72 year old or could it just be one of those where both where pretty much at the same level on the slope and collided together?

What indeed makes you inclined to think that?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
eps wrote:

I'd be inclined to think that the 50 year old was more in control than the 72 year old or could it just be one of those where both where pretty much at the same level on the slope and collided together?

What indeed makes you remotely inclined to think that?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just managed to watch the bit where the guy has introduced the other person that lives in his head ... All quite bizarre
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@eps, you've probably not been around here long enough to realise that many of us are at least 104. Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
helmets, goggles, restricted peripheral vision, then add in carving skis and it all adds up up to the type of bilateral, no-fault, coming together that happens a 100 times a day.

The claimant is going to be on the hook for 'Her Vajesty's' legal costs IMV
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Please please let this thread die ….
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
@eps, you've probably not been around here long enough to realise that many of us are at least 104. Laughing

True. So firstly I must apologise if my comment didn't sit well with people and in hindsight it's one of those generalisations that people make that I dislike. So sorry about that. Won't happen again! Smile Hopefully it won't de-rail this thread further.

I still stand by the second part of that particular sentence in that they were, in all probability skiing at about the same level on the slope and simply collided with each other. I'm sure we've all been involved in similar incidents or near incidents such as those.

In fact I was 'hit' from behind (with video evidence and I haven't lost it either) but after my initial 5-10 seconds of annoyance I checked with the other party to ensure they were okay as well and we all went our separate ways. I suspect she was looking at her ski tips as she didn't seem that experienced. More annoying than anything else as I had been indicating with my arm that I was stopping to the side of the slope. This was last season in La Plagne.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
"Catching up on Gwyneth Paltrow case and spoiled for choice who to empathise with. Gwyneth lost half a day’s skiing, the plaintiff can no longer enjoy wine tastings. Has the universe experienced such suffering before?!" Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This is what happens when snowboarders aren’t allowed to keep the jerrys under control
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The 'Physics of Skiing' video from the court is one of the funniest things I've seen for a while. Deserves a space over in the 'Technique' threads.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Richard_Sideways wrote:
The 'Physics of Skiing' video from the court is one of the funniest things I've seen for a while. Deserves a space over in the 'Technique' threads.

Both sides lawyers seem to be utterly inept. Nice work if you can get it. Paltrow seems to have thrown a bunch of money at expert witnesses and fantasy animations to attempt to sway her version of events. I guess that's what you do when you can't produce real witnesses.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dave of the Marmottes, ...and in frame 312 of the animation you can clearly see Paltrow skis back, and to the left... back, and to the left... indicating the presence of an unseen lone snowboarder.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The animation didn't appear to show anything other than to suggest that the bloke caught them up on the run.
They could have just said that, the animation adds nothing.

Even if they could prove that the bloke was initially above them, that doesn't help unless you know the entire sequence.

Witness: "Would you like me to show you?" Lawyer: "I ask the questions". Dick, "no" would have sufficed.

If a resort actually bans snowboarders, perhaps it's not a surprise that their customers apparently expect
even beginners to ski with perfect control on the bunny hill.

It's like the classic "which skier is in the wrong" GoPro video, without the video.
And without snowboarders to blame, it's all on them wink

Quote:
.... and in frame 312 of the animation ...
Actually I'm just playing with Blender, animation is much cheaper and easier than in days of yore.
snow report
Quote:

If a resort actually bans snowboarders, perhaps it's not a surprise that their customers apparently expect
even beginners to ski with perfect control on the bunny hill.

I hadn't actually realised that this happened in the Deer Valley area... but I stand by the usual assumption that one of 'us' caused all this kerfuffle.
ski holidays
I think all of us on here can deduce that this is a classic "accident"........50/50.

Just with a typical litigation crazy stupid Yank - there are a lot of them - and an over priveleged, over woke, yummy mummy.

Judge should feck them both off
snow conditions
Richard_Sideways wrote:

Shouldn't we appoint David Goldsmith as our expert witness Laughing
ski holidays
@stevew, does anyone else miss him?
snow report
phil_w wrote:
The animation didn't appear to show anything other than to suggest that the bloke caught them up on the run.
They could have just said that, the animation adds nothing.

Except that Paltrow's team are clearly relying on the stupidity of the jury to think it is something that is somehow real and accurate re positions of people on the hill rather than a figment of an instructor's imagination from 7 years ago.

Mind you it helps me understand the he said/she said nature of things. IF it went down broadly as was shown in the video it's possible that either one was in front at the point of collision and that either had come from higher on the hill without paying attention to the other. If I was placing money I'd say that for the collision to have happened neither was tracking all slope users effectively.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 29-03-23 13:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
rainman wrote:

I don't think miss is the right word but he did spice the place up and wind others up
snow conditions
Exactly@stevew,
ski holidays
rainman wrote:
A bit like Beetlejuice, don't say his name too often ....
ski holidays
eblunt wrote:
rainman wrote:
A bit like Beetlejuice, don't say his name too often ....

The same could be said for many others.... where to start.
latest report
Some say you can summon him by reading the site T&Cs backwards under moonlight...
snow conditions
@Richard_Sideways, @eblunt Toofy Grin
latest report
Yellow Snow wrote:
I think all of us on here can deduce that this is a classic "accident"........50/50.

Just with a typical litigation crazy stupid Yank - there are a lot of them - and an over priveleged, over woke, yummy mummy.

Judge should feck them both off

The pools panel would award a score draw wink.
snow report
I'm surprised they've not invoked Duckworth-Lewis for the unimaginable amount of wetness on display through proceedings.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I dont know why but for some reason my bias is in favour of the old boy.

I had a little accident today in Hemel Fridge, I was a bit too speedy through the gate in the fence at the bottom and accidently
"Paltrowed" the lady just infront of me going through the gate.
Niether of us were hurt, just a little embarassing.
I knew it was going to happen in that split second before the collision.
But the important thing was that my ski's were either side of her skis, rather than the Gwyneth experiance of having him colide "Between her skis".
snow conditions
DrLawn wrote:
I dont know why but for some reason my bias is in favour of the old boy.

I had a little accident today in Hemel Fridge, I was a bit too speedy through the gate in the fence at the bottom and accidently
"Paltrowed" the lady just infront of me going through the gate.
Niether of us were hurt, just a little embarassing.
I knew it was going to happen in that split second before the collision.
But the important thing was that my ski's were either side of her skis, rather than the Gwyneth experiance of having him colide "Between her skis".

You may have had your skis either side of hers but I bet she still heard strange grunting beforehand and thought she was being sexually assaulted Toofy Grin
snow report
It was more like Ooops! Sorry.
snow report
From what I saw of the court case last night (our time) pictures produced in court suggest that the bloke had had no ill effects from the accident.
ski holidays
From the plaintiff's (or his witnesses') statements:

- it was a hard collision
- the plaintiff ended up spread-eagled face down on the ground with Gwyneth on top of him
- he found his skis were still on.

Not sure that the last 2 are entirely consistent, given there were no broken bones or soft tissue injuries?
snow report
He should have gone to specsavers
ski holidays
ecureuil wrote:
From the plaintiff's (or his witnesses') statements:
- it was a hard collision
- the plaintiff ended up spread-eagled face down on the ground with Gwyneth on top of him
- he found his skis were still on.
Not sure that the last 2 are entirely consistent, given there were no broken bones or soft tissue injuries?

The plaintiff said under oath that he suffered 4 broken ribs, and I would assume there's documentary evidence to support him.
Landing "in one pile" with skis still on doesn't sound very hard, but broken ribs would require a fair old bang to the chest. From what... is unclear.
snow report
I'm actually disappointed the jury are not allowed to toss a coin to decide.
latest report
She may have a slight advantage in that she only asked £1 plus expenses, but he asked for big pay out.
ski holidays
snowball wrote:
She may have a slight advantage in that she only asked £1 plus expenses, but he asked for big pay out.

Not in this $300k barely scratches the sides in a US litigation. He's gonna be stuck with a lot of legal fees though if she wins so presumably he'll pull the crazy old man default trick.
snow conditions
Peculiar….

I understand the Very Happy collective are interested.
But why it justifies a live BBC ticker is beyond me Puzzled
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:
why it justifies a live BBC ticker is beyond me

I think there is a widespread media imbalance towards stories they can get English language feeds for - in this case I suspect a US channel has live coverage they can easily have a reporter cover.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy