Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easiest pistes for progression in Lech/Oberlech

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm a nervous beginner (can ski nursery slopes with stem turns) looking to progress enough to ski a few runs with my children and husband- I'm not ambitious - and we're heading to Oberlech in March. Does anyone know what the very easiest (flattest and widest) blue runs are? I'm reasonably fit but have had hip surgery which makes me nervous.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Soozm, To start: you picked a good place for easy progression!
Oberlech is amidst a host of blue wide pistes. Just stick to these and you will be fine.
Check the following nrs: 200, 201, 210, 235, 238.
There is one catch: the last hundred meters right above Lech, both on 200/201 and 210 are quite steep. Maybe you should avoid skiing down to Lech on your first day. On the 200/201 you can avoid this by keeping right (looking down to the valley), near the Rudalpe hut. This is an easier by-pass.
Which hotel are you in? I'm asking because it can make a difference which way is the easiest way to start the day.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 31-01-19 17:13; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's so helpful, thank you! We are staying at the Goldener Berg, also I'm quite happy not to ski down to Lech until I feel much more confident!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quite a few blues to lap the Petersboden chair, or the blue down to Wiebermahd. I would avoid skiing right down to Lech until you have your confidence back as the last pitch can be quite steep and intimidating, especially towards the end of the day, simply download on the Oberlech gondola.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Soozm,
Aha, the Goldener Berg (completely renovated this summer and now a 5*****!)
Goldener Berg sits between the "Petersboden" 6-chair, and the "Oberlech"-towlift
Both are excellent for you. Just stick to the pistes served by these (especially 210, which passes "Weibermahd" 8-chair with the equally excellent 235 and 243 pistes , which are the favorites for the Oberlech-children skischool)
With these pistes you can ski some nice rounds, whilst with every round you'll pass the Goldener Berg terrace. Very Happy They should keep you busy for some days. Lovely views as well!
Just make sure not to go lower than the Petersboden-base station, because then you will either have to go down to Lech, or walk up...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Langerzug, and @Sitter, Thank you - exactly the info I was looking for! We were in Zurs last year, I just had a couple of days lessons on the nursery slopes in Lech (because of replacement hip - the surgeon said he didn't recommend people begin to ski with one but you know, non skiing holidays are lovely but I felt I was missing out.... ) but really enjoyed it and would love to be able to join in with the others just a bit.

Really looking forward to staying at the GB, visited the terrace last year and fell in love with that view
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy