Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap recommendations for singles.

Poster: A snowHead
Does anybody have any recommendations for somewhere that takes singles without charging a king's ransom. I just want somewhere to stay where I can ski. I don't want to join a group of stranger, I defently don't want any kind of match maker I'm quite happy being single. All I want is a room in a resort anywhere in the Alps will do.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I see the cheapest you could do with, say, crystal would be over £700 (looking 9th/16th March).

I would have said - book a titchy apartment through lesmenuires.com - you can get quite a few things for less then 450 Euro and get a car from Geneva airport (under £200 from Autoeurope). You don't say where you are, but looking at flight prices on Easyjet, (for both stansted and Edinburgh as examples) they're eyewateringly expensive at the moment. Typically £300 return before you start adding bags! Actually I just checked Edinburgh to Lyon and that you could get for £150 return.

So it looks at a glance like - self propelling you'd be about the same price as a bargain basement from Crystal but going to a much better place than they'd take you to.

What about something like UCPA?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ice-fire quite often on here offering a single room for a catered chalet @ £399
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think Pension Enzian in Saalbach has single rooms. https://pensionenzian.com/ Warmest welcome I've ever received on a skiing holiday! They do get booked up though so single room availability might be limited by now.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just get a studio. One that is designed for no more than 2 people.

Had one in La Chappelle D'abondance a couple of years back for £160 per week.

Got flights for about £80, transfers £70, Chatel lift pass booked early £130, ski hire £70.

Did the whole week for £500 + food/beer.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Albergo dei camosci in Courmayeur has single rooms - crystal are the tour op who deal with them. If you try iglu ski you can search for single rooms
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most Austrian pensions will have a single room. You might be in the rafters or sharing a bathroom but that's not a big deal.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

What about something like UCPA?

This.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think UCPA has the point of being with/ meeting other people. A bash would also be perfick but the OP vanna be alone.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You can do UCPA room only (no lessons) if you like. If people want to be by themselves, eat alone, sit on their bed and read a book, then that’s fine. Likewise the opportunity for conversation is there. U.K. agent is Action Outdoors.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks everyone, some ideas to think about there.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@OwenM, We often offer our spare bedroom to reasonable-sounding people (which applies to most Snowheads). Just had a great time showing a fellow Snowhead round Saalbach’s ski area and apres-ski venues. PM me if of any interest.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
UCPA is not cheap though it offers fantastic value. Cheap would be what mikeycharlton said. Maybe look at skibound as they do really cheap options outside of school trips.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Nant in Morzine has single rooms also possibly Hideout Hostel and The Sherpa. If you don’t mind staying up on the mountain also look at Inferno. All in Morzine by the way. There will be people to ski/ chat in the bar with if you want but will leave you to it.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@OwenM,
I've had a room to myself with Tignes Chalet company (http://www.thetigneschaletcompany.com) with no supplement in the past. You just have to ask - if they are quiet they'll do you a deal (as will most independent accommodation providers).
ski holidays
Kenzie,

But the OP doesn't want anything to do with strangers...
snow report
@OwenM, I've only been on here a couple of days, but it appears that many advertising on the groups pages have a spare room within a Chalet, often as a result of someone dropping out, sometimes at knock-down prices. It's a compromise if you really want to be completely isolated from the rest of society, but an option to consider.
You do realise that, in most cases, the chairlifts and pistes are shared resources? Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy