Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Relatively cheap ski camps?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all! I'm looking for relatively cheap ski camps, as title suggests Smile I know a couple for Ukrainians/Belorussians skiers (as I'm Ukrainian myself, living in Copenhagen), and one for snowboarders. But I'm struggling to find affordable ski camps in European resorts. So far I found https://www.snoworks.co.uk (thanks to this forum) and http://inspiredtoski.com . I'm considering to go with one of them in March, but giving that they don't provide housing, transfer and skipasses - it becomes much less affordable for me...

Maybe someone knows about other groups/camps? They might be less professional, but more on "get-together" side - the best for me is to be able not just take lessons, but also spend time with my group, living in the same hotel, etc. etc.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@neironet, try UCPA https://www.ucpa.co.uk/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@holidayloverxx, wow, thanks, considering they also provide skipasses and accomodation, it looks promising!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@neironet, very popular with folk on here
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
UCPA is what you are looking for, especially if you are a younger skier. Lots of social in the centres, some more than others, lots of skiing, but the big advantage we've found is the included lift passes, lesson availability and included ski hire. Note they don't include transfers normally, but lots of options for the resorts they operate from especially if you have a group of you. Lessons are optional on most trips but are a good way to meet others and ski with a group at a similar level even if you aren't too fussed about instruction.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Digger the dinosaur, thanks! unfortunately I'm older than 25 already Crying or Very sad Laughing so can't take advantage of the cheapest UCPA courses. I've just recently taken one ski course in Ukraine (something corresponding to UCPA's half-time courses, 2-2,5 hours per day), completely by chance, and it appeared amazing for me. So much improvement. So I'm definitely not going to skip lessons Smile

Which their courses did you take? do you think full time is a bit too much and half-time is better?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For those looking: I've also found https://hofnar.com in another theme on this forum. It looks amazing to me - without lessons though, but exactly what i love - a group of like-minded people in their 20s-30s. They have breakfast-dinner and accomodation, but no lessons, no ski-hire and no ski-passes included.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@neironet, +1 UCPA for value. Do full time. You come back to the centre for lunch, so get a break.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Reviving my thread from the last year Smile

Does anyone know any new ski camps? I'm researching again the same subject!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I recommend you to do skiing lessons in smaller ski resorts in Austria. It's cheaper and most of the people do speak english. The bigger resorts can be very expensive though.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skiinglemon wrote:
I recommend you to do skiing lessons in smaller ski resorts in Austria. It's cheaper and most of the people do speak english. The bigger resorts can be very expensive though.

I'm already set up for this year, but for the future reference: do you have any specific advices on where to go to? Did you have good experiences in some of them?
I'm also looking not only for just lessons - but for camp-experience - where all the people stay relatively together and not just go each in their own direction after a couple of hours of lessons Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy