Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All things Cham

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi heads,

So as luck would have it I have been offered free accom in Chamonix (staying with a friend) for a week in March 2nd - 9th

This will be my first visit. Chamonix has always been on the list but have never ventured that way, or been able to drag myself away from the 3V, Paradiski et al

I'm going with my partner who is a competent skiier, I would say a strong intermediate (happy to takle aboslutely anything on piste, albeit at her own pace, but has yet to stryg from the markers).

I get the impression that Cham is quite differnent from the big French ski areas usually visited by the brits. So I was lookign for any words of advice you might have for the first foray into the european freeski mecca.

First question, saving a bunch on accom and return flights to geneva for £150 (not too bad) so is it worth going all out on the full area pass at 300 Euro! or would we be better off maybe staying to the smaller ski area and spending some money on say a guide day for myself and some off piste lessons for her?

I am very excited!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ok ive just seen someone posted pretty much the same thing a few posts down... sorry! ill jump in there
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
First day La Tour 300% , real nice crusing well groomed pistes
Best ski area is Grande Montet for sure , snow is usually great here
Les houches is great for some tree line skiing
As previously mentioned Flegere and Brevent can catch a few people out
The runs there can mogul up a bit , if you are in the right part of town you may well be able to
walk to the brevent lift , im going to mention this now if you are happy to chill to like 5.15 pm or leave the areas
at say 4 pm do so . 4.30 the buses are like hectic i'm a decent size lad and i was getting pretty teasy at times
Some people just do not care , poles going everywhere etc etc , i'd have like a beer and catch a slightly later bus , there are loads
get the mont blanc unlimited treat yourselfs
The Vallee Blanche just has to be done it's an amazing experience (seperate fee )
perhaps those that are at blue level leave it to mid week ,
pic a day when you know there is going to be to much wind , so the top lift is open

that is copied and paste from a post i did earlier , just be a weee bit careful with some blacks at the Grand Montet for your friend ,
Cham is extreme ,
have fun
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy