Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Early moring transfer from Le Lac to Brev

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
An opportunity for a sneaky week in Tignes Le Lac has come up, during Half Term Week 16th-23rd Feb:roll: Shocked . Only problem is I have to get myself there and back again. Could either drive from the UK, or fly - similar costs either way. Flying has the advantage Puzzled that I can get back in time for the relegation 6 pointer clash of Yeovil vs Cambridge on the 23rd. Driving I would either have to start home Friday, or miss the match and perhaps get an extra sneaky Saturday en-piste.

Anyhow, the issue is that the parking in Le Lac is totally "Complet" for that week. I know I can probably park down in Brev if I time my arrival on the Saturday correctly. My real issue is getting back. The flights I'm looking at leave Lyon/Geneva around 10AM, so I'll need to be bailing out of Tignes at around 4-5am on Saturday morning. If I can't get the car moved up to Le Lac by the Friday night, then any ideas how can I get from Le Lac down to Brev at silly o'clock on Saturday morning?

Seems silly that there is accommodation availability, but no parking.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The early morning Bens Bus to Geneva leaves at 0340 on Sat 23, arrives 0700.

As for parking you will probably be able to get in the Grande Motte open air car park if you arrive before lunch. They do not let people pre book that, as they don't know how many spaces they will have due to snow fall (hopefully).

That is the busiest week of the year, capacity is always an issue with parking, queues at busy times for the lifts, no tables at restaurants. It would be commercial suicide for the village if all their plans had to be gold plated to serve one week.

I doubt you would be able to find a taxy to Brev early on the Saturday as they will all be doing the first of three returns to Geneva.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. Yes I realise it's the busiest week - done it for the past several seasons. Not sure parking in Grande Motte is any better than Brev/Boisses for an early morning departure if the accommodation is in Le Lac.

Best option I've found so far is actually a package holiday with Crystal. That gets me flights and transfer, and I can just junk the accommodation. However, Chambery, Half Term, don't really fancy that.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have a place in Brev, and was there for 3 weeks over X Mas.

New Year week, there was not a single space available, nothing, nada. People getting towed left right and centre.

Feb half term is MUCH busier than new Year, so I dont think you could guarantee a space in brev.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Judwin,

Good luck with getting to the match and with the match itself. Which team are you supporting?

We all know that no rationally minded human being would dash back from skiing for a football match that can turn sour after a few minutes and make you wonder why the hell you bothered in the first place. Yet we still do it.

I arranged a trip (6 months ago) to come back a day early (on the Friday) from the 3 Valleys last weekend for the Sunderland/Gillingham match on the Saturday. However, the match was postponed a month before my trip - by which time I had already booked train tickets and an airport hotel (at Ferney Voltaire) for the Thursday night... rolling eyes

Some you win; some you lose wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Judwin wrote:
Thanks. Not sure parking in Grande Motte is any better than Brev/Boisses for an early morning departure if the accommodation is in Le Lac..

Its only a 15 minute walk not 2 hours! Or a free bus that leaves the Gare Routiere in Lac at 3.35,4.05, 5.10 and 5.35.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Bergmeister, Yeovil. Done the same several times myself. But occasionally you get THE result that makes it all worth while - like Donny away in Feb 2002, or Forest away in 2007 in my case. In the words of Max Boyce - I know cos I was there Very Happy

@chocksaway - You must be Mo Farrah. 15 minutes? Ok Claret is a lot closer than Boisses/Brev, but even Google reckons it's 30 minutes walk. And at 3am, in the dark, in unpredictable weather conditions, on that road, and sober? I'll pass. Didn't know about the night bus - often wondered what was going on there in the middle of the night.

I think I've decided on the package holiday option anyway, and just overdose on pain killers and tranquilisers for the airports & flights both ways. I'll be the grumpy billy-no-mates if anyone sees me.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy