Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car hire from Geneva airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not cheap. Anyone know of any companies there to look at directly as opposed to the usual big ones and holiday autos?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
- Check Travelsupermarket for price comparison of all companies.
- Book via Quidco for some cashback.
- Use Autoeurope for 7-10% Quidco cashback (the amount can vary); free cancellation; and prices that usually include snow tyres.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I usually use Rentalcars.com, but have also found some good prices hiring cars through the Ryanair website and, strangely, the Scandinavian Airlines website.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@simonx, what do you define as cheap / reasonable value?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was looking at Budget via Holidayautos - Focus Estate was £235 which was more than I wanted to pay for 4 days - now £276.
Budget don't have an option for GVA on their own website though - you can get one at GVF (the little French part of the airport) but costs way more than that!
Same car from Dollar, still via HA, is £256.
Dollar's own wesite says they have no cars available!
Travelsupermarket just forwarded me to HA.
Autoeurope picks out a Tipo Estate from Dollar for £228.
I don't need en estate, just handy with 4 people and skis, so will downsize.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mountainaddict wrote:

- Use Autoeurope for 7-10% Quidco cashback (the amount can vary); free cancellation; and prices that usually include snow tyres.

Is the bit in bold just from the Swiss side?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@swiftoid,

Yes.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Went for the Tipo Estate with winter tyres £228, signed up and used Quidco, so hopefully 7% discount, though no evidence at time of booking.

PS I did use Quidco a little about a decade ago, "lost" the email address when Talktalk took over Tiscali and not sure whatever happened to the cashback.
Do you have an Quidco account that builds up and you then spend it or do they credit your bank account or credit card??

Thanks all.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@simonx, the account builds up and you can set an auto payment amount or withdraw it manually. You should get an email to say your cashback has been tracked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@simonx, a reminder with Quidco and all other cashback sites — you have to be super careful to clear your cookies before you click on the link in Quidco. This is to ensure that you get the cashback assigned to you.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@simonx, hmm, that is quite pricey. We're just back from Geneva where we paid 200CHF (£150) for 8 days. Direct with Enterprise, from the Swiss side so winter tyres included.

Booked well in advance though - might be the secret?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Poogle wrote:
@simonx, a reminder with Quidco and all other cashback sites — you have to be super careful to clear your cookies before you click on the link in Quidco. This is to ensure that you get the cashback assigned to you.
I never clear cookies and always get my cashback
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@denfinella - I'm sure you're right! We only just booked the flights yesterday though.
Just had a look, 5 weeks later £20 cheaper, 3 months later a further £4 cheaper - admittedly that is exact same booking not looking around, so checked Holidayautos 3 months later - £225.
So doesn't seem to have made massive difference.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy