Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grenoble to Les2Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How far from the airport is the Gare Routière? We'll have to get a taxi cos the shuttle bus times don't work out.

How close to the bus stop in Les2Alpes is the Les Lutins?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RachelQ, I am a bit surprised the shuttle bus doesn't work out - are you sure you are using the winter VFD timetable for Grenoble to LDA? I ask because I had rouble finding it. It is not the timetable found by going here and scrolling down to Grenoble/Les Deux Aples. Instead you have to scroll down further to HIVER - Station 2 Alpes. What you get then is an Excel Spreadsheet to download. Not the most friendly way of doing things on the web, but the buses are good. If you cannot read an Excel file, PM me today or tomorrow, and I should be able to help.

From memory, there is a bus stop almost outside the Lutins - but doubtless easiski will correct me if I am wrong.

If you do need a taxi, I don't know the distance - but the shuttle bus did not take very long to get to the airport from the bus/train station.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nick Zotov, thanks, but I've got the right timetable for the bus to LDA - it did take a bit of finding! We're hoping to catch the 1435, the next bus isn't until 1800 (travelling on a Thursday).

It's the shuttle bus from the airport to the train station that's the problem. Our flight arrives at 1250 and the shuttle buses run at 1115, 1315, 1515 etc. If we could get the 1315 we'd be fine, but I can't imagine we'll get our baggage, including skis, that quickly.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RachelQ, I had a very senior moment when I commented on the shuttle to the airport - I was thinking of somewhere else altogether when I wrote about that. Embarassed

From what Lyn and Pete at Scuba-ski told me, in practice the VFD buses wait long enough for aircraft passengers to arrive at the Grenoble bus station, and none of their guests have had a problem. But bearing in mind my last severe memory lapse, you might want to get in touch with them, and confirm. They are a very friendly couple, and I am sure they would be happy to advise.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RachelQ, You should be OK for bags etc. Just ask someone at the airport if the bus can wait for you. They run the buses to co-incide with the flights. 25 mins for baggage mid-week at Grenoble would mean a terrorist attack or something in my experience. You walk off the plane to the building, while you're going through passport check you can see your bags being unloaded, and by the time everyon'es through passports they're on the (1) carousel! Pick them up - 20m to the bus stop!!!!

I don't know if you can book the bus tickets in advance, but if you can you may be able to note the flight you're coming in on. Very Happy Too far to take a taxi - too expensive!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you Nick Zotov and easiski, not that I'm getting excited or anything snowHead It's still 11 sleeps away Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy