Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Base in Ski Amade

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're in the alps and planning on spending next week in Salzburgerland. Ski Amade looks good, and afaik allows tree-skiing but I don't know the area at all.

We'd like to self-cater so a nearby supermarket would be useful. I found an apartment a mile or so from Dorgastein; Bad Gastein seems cheaper.

Any suggestions for a suitable base village? Are the road links good, or likely to cause problems?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jrussell88, I’ve answered this question for myself before using google maps and the bergfex website and app (which includes Austrian 1:50000 topographic mapping with freeride route overlay, although on the website you need to look quite hard to find it). Supermarkets would include mpreis and spar. Plenty of them around in most villages.
Enjoy. It’s a great area. Fun things to do around Altenmarkt-Zauchensee and Maria Alm (check recent posts on ski amade thread) and all across the district.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jrussell88, for ease of access to all Ski Amadé areas, you can't really go wrong with Radstadt/Altenmarkt/Eben. The Gastein valley is great, but it makes the other areas a bit of a journey. Gastein to Schladming for example would probably take an hour. The road into Gastein, the B311, is pretty good but can get traffic heavy around Bischofshofen and St Johann. Radstadt/Altenmarkt/Eben have the advantage of being directly off the motorway A10. Most parts of Ski Amadé are well under 30 mins away.

If you would consider guest house accommodation then a very friendly family of snowheads in Radstadt might be able to help (austrian-adventures.com).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good advice above, tree skiing in pretty safe terrain is great at Zauchensee and also by each side of the Paradise lift at Schlandming/Planai.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh... and seconded for austrian-adventures.com, now friends of mine after I stayed there several times, although I now live in Eben.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Scarpa, we have just enjoyed a week staying in Radstadt.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone for all the detailed advice.

J
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy