Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Visor helmet fitting

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry for such a looong post and for it being about visor helmets as I can see there have been a few posts in the last 6 months. I have obediently looked at old threads though using
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/search.php?mode=results&search_terms=any&search_author=&search_forum=-1&search_cat=-1&show_results=topics&search_time=0&search_fields=aa&sort_by=0&sort_dir=DESC&return_chars=200&search_keywords=visor
thanks to @t4tomo who helpfully posted the link on a previous topic about visors. I haven't found the answer to my query though.

I have just bought a CP Camurai helmet in XS (size 53 to 55) and it looks great but I was not expecting such a gap between the cushioned lower rim of the visor and my (rather small) face. To give you an idea, I can fit my ring and middle finger (one on top of the other vertically) between my cheek and the visor edge. The actually helmet bit fits well on my head (which is 53cm).

Having never bought a visor helmet I'm not sure what I should be expecting. I live in Bristol and the 2 local ski shops don't have a great selection of visor helmets for small people (I'm 154cm, 43kg so a bit of a midget). So, for those of you who have them, how are they meant to fit and how much of a gap should there be between the lower margins of the visor and your face? Should I consider buying a kids visor helmet which may suit my face shape a bit more? My current helmet is a women's XS Smiths Optics Vantage (size 51-55cm) so I can usually fit an adult size!Puzzled
Thanks for any supportive advice.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Decathlon have a good range of visor helmets (well at least the one I go to does). Might be worth going trying a few of those, haven't bought one yet but I have found they fit me and my current helmet is a Smiths so I guess they are a similar shape.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy