Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best place to buy skis, Arlberg area or Livigno duty free?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi! My partner needs to get some new skis, we are camping near St Anton at the moment but driving down through Livigno in a couple of days where I know it is duty free but not sure if they would actually be any cheaper there. Any help on where would be best to buy and maybe some recommendations on specific shops would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Dave
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Online from Sport Conrad, delivered to wherever you're staying in Livigno
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have to second the recommendation for Sport Conrad. Excellent service and price.

I ordered a new pair on the Wednesday 2nd January at the start of the Austrian heavy snow. They were waiting for me in my hotel room in Ischgl on the Saturday, I didn't arrive until the Sunday due to the closure of Innsbruck.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sean1967 wrote:
I have to second the recommendation for Sport Conrad. Excellent service and price.

I ordered a new pair on the Wednesday 2nd January at the start of the Austrian heavy snow. They were waiting for me in my hotel room in Ischgl on the Saturday, I didn't arrive until the Sunday due to the closure of Innsbruck.

Jeez, it never ceases to amaze me what some fellas will do to avoid oversize baggage charges.... wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys, I had a look on sport Conrad and held out until we passed through Livigno and it turned out that Livigno was cheaper with discounts in the shops beyond the 22% saving from not having VAT on anything.

Although we didn't end up getting her skis in the end, she got some head Nexo lyt w for 330 euros with a lot of custom fitting thrown in and I got some ride insano snowboard boots for 300 euros, both cheaper and we could try them on! We went to a place called Zimmerman sporting but their range of women's all mountain skis wasn't great. Definitely worth a stop in Livigno if you are nearby though, plus diesel was 97 cents per litre.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy