Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Somewhere new to go from "up North" first week of April?

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone suggest somewhere I've not been for a 3/4 day trip with my wife? Nearest airports Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool in that order.

Flights looking best value into Geneva. Flights into Zurich and Munich were almost double the Easyjet cost. Couldn't see any flights to Turin.

We are both reasonable skiers, happily ski any piste, enjoy moguls and challenging blacks and would hire a guide if conditions warranted it.

We've been to lots of resorts, wondering if there are some gems I've not discovered?? Not into huge apres but would like a few bars/restaurants to eat out at night and walk around a bit.

Below is where we have skied (forgive the duplicates!)

Aviemore
Niederau
Andorra
Trois Vallees
Cairngorm
Kitzbuhel
Glenshee
Puy St Vincent
Nevis Range
Alpe D’Huez
Montgenevre
Soldeu, Andorra
Verbier
Cairngorm
Nevis Range
La Plagne
St Anton
Lech/Zurs
Glenshee
Cairngorm
Tignes
Breckenridge
Copper
Keystone
Vail
Vail
Keystone
Les Deux Alpes
Serre Chevalier
La Grave
Nevis Range
Cairngorm
Killington
Jackson Hole
Glencoe/Nevis
La Tania, Courcheval
La Plagne
Tignes
Snowbird, Utah
Glencoe
Nevis Range
Chamonix
Morzine
Isola 2000
Isola 2000
Glencoe
Nevis Range
Verbier
Saas Fee
Zermatt
Val D’Isere
Gressoney
Mount Snow
Gressoney
Vail
Val D’Isere
Chamonix
La Plagne
Chamonix
La Tania
Morzine
les carroz
Flims Laax
La Tania
Obertauren
Engelberg
Cervinia
La Tania
La Clusaz
Zinal
Engelberg
La Rosiere
Cairngorm
Zinal
Zinal
La Tania
Les Saises
Nevis & Cairngorm
Stuben
Yad Moss
Glencoe
Zinal
Stuben
Niseko
Stuben
Val D’Isere
San Cassiano
Yad Moss
Stuben
Aviemore
Tignes Glacier
Meribel
Stuben
Morzine
Glencoe
Stuben
Champoluc
Kitzbuhel
Vanoise National park ski touring
Ischgl
Les Arcs
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Courmayeur
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Even with the duplication (even triplication) that's quite a list!
I see you've been to Chamonix, have you tried Argentiere? It's one of my absolute favourite places. Great off / on piste and with the Vallee Blanche just up the road for a special trip out.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pam w, cheers, was worried about it being a bit small and potentially having bottle necks in the morning getting up the mountain??

@HotDogger, yes we skied Argentiere, personally I don't like Chamonix for a short break, too much driving/busing to the slopes....although going with the aim of skiing the Vallee Blanche could work.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kitenski,
Must admit I was thinking Courmayeur too the only thing I would be concerned about in early April is the quality of the snow , when we were there in March it wasn't a problem because the weather was bad but I think it may get a fair bit of sun., plenty of good off piste and if you think it is too small La Thuile is a very short drive away,

Andermatt is a great place but it's quite a hike across from Geneva I think.Bonneval sur Arc is another wee gem but very small much smaller than Courmayeur and quite a hike from Geneva.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You could look at Pra de Lys via Geneva.

Not huge but a different feel to most of its neighbours. Some good skiing with really excellent places to eat, very chilled balance and feels a little like a step back in time in respect of places being so hyped up nowadays.

It's genuinely so relaxing coupled with short travel from airport, a nice combination.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ski3, a bit low for April perhaps??
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Why not take another look at austria options? What you pay extra for in flights, you could well save on food & drink!

J2 flight from leeds to salzburg
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
First week of April. Conditions are anybody's guess. Maybe best wait and see.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mr.Egg, jet2 only fly once a week, so can't do a short break.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@kitenski,
Not exactly an area you haven't been to but a different resort in the same area.
How about Nendaz? Cheaper than Verbier a bit lower key but fabulous views over the Rhone valley. All the stuff that BobinCH posts but I wouldn't go near but though you would probably love also the good itinaires that are usually in great condition at that time of year.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@T Bar, funnily enough I broke my femur in Verbier years ago so going back to that area could work.. Good skiing, good snow record
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@kitenski, I seem to remember the X-ray, nasty.
I've been there quite a bit in recent years in April and generally had some great skiing.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@T Bar, anywhere you'd recommend to stay? Do you usually get a hire car?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@kitenski, We always take a car, very useful for beating the crowds up to Siviez.
No particular recommendations, we have always self catered with friends who we go with taking a chalet for a week which have been great value, I'm afraid I don't know other places.
snow report
kitenski wrote:
@ski3, a bit low for April perhaps??

We've been there last week of March which was OK, it's east facing mostly that side and was alright with a good snow year.

Can't get a view on that this year yet, snow level that is. So understand your view.

Interhome office in Nendaz has been helpful to our group in past, maybe useful.

Also accommodation in Siviez could be convenient for short trip. Less commercial but exactly central for skiing the northern aspect of 4 valleys.
snow report
We've stayed in Victoria apartments in Nendaz.

Just up the piste from main lift, so ski both out and in from home run.
snow conditions
@kitenski, igluski are offering 3 night b&b in Verbier from Leeds Bradford for £656pp that week. Might work out cheaper than diy.
ski holidays
@Penry, cheers, will take a look!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy