Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Using CARV?? CARV Users Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone using CARV out there???

Perhaps users should contribute their experiences to this thread.

I've been using them whilst telemarking this week at the Army Winter Sports Association telemark training event and GB Championships.

Only used them in free running / recording mode.

First impression is that there is awful lot of information but little explanation of what it means.

Even the basic Ski:IQ doesn't have much apart from 0-200 and an average skier is 100. What does a PSIA instructor achieve??

Another - G Force. What is a good figure on all mountain/freeride skis vs narrow piste skis??

I know we can upload data to a leader board and see what other skiers are achieving, but I don't think that really answers the issue?!

Any thoughts!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been tempted to buy a set of CARV's myself but cant seem to convince myself yet that they are anything more than just another gadget... anyone out there using them and found them useful?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought I'd posted this elsewhere but can't seem to find it. I'm on the fence at the moment, couldn't get them in my last boots without squishing my feet but when I did manage it I found the exercises to sharp a progression for me. They've split these out more now so I want to try it again and I have another set of boots so they may go in ok. Time will tell. My wife on the other hand liked hers and fitted in her boots without issue.

As for the feedback, I agree what the heck is the Ski:IQ and what does it mean. She was able to see a progression in her scoring but we couldn't really work out why.

Would really like to get these working but based on my last week in Saalbach where it was just chopped up and bumps everywhere not sure I would have got a lot from it.

I think the idea is really cool, a supplement to instruction, so we'll see. I know other people who have them who really enjoy using them so if you can get them in your boots, and have spare cash, got to be worth a punt.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've now been using them in free ski mode during an week of all mountain telemark instruction. So some off piste and bumps, some carving on smooth blue and red pistes and some gates training.
My Ski IQ has gone up from around 115 to 130 when carving on the recommended pistes.
The figures have also been interesting - eg difference in g force with piste carving skis vs freeride/all mountain skis - but some could be confusing eg for and aft balance when telemarking.
Will be interesting to try the training mode when I have the mountain to myself next week.
And skiing the Murren Inferno this Saturday!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy