Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

any recommendations for a vet in Chamonix?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bit of a weird question, but does anyone know of a decent vet in chamonix.

Have found one on google which is conveniently located (near place mont blanc), but wondered if anyone had used one before which they could recommend.

Would be for a standard worming etc before heading back to the UK
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Because of the precise temporal window in which the France->UK channel crossing could occur with two dogs, we either used a vet at our stopover (Poligny) or at the ferry port (Boulogne sur mer). As that was several years ago, I guess things have changed and journeys don't have to be so precisely timed. Or perhaps you are driving non-stop from Chamonix to Le Shuttle?

Someone else will no doubt provide info concerning vets in Chamonix...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try Valerie Heirman in Les Tines. You can easily find the address and phone number on the internet. We have used her loads for taking our dog back to the UK. You need to get the worm treatment a maximum 120 hours and a minimum 24 hours before you cross the channel. Make sure you book a treatment slot in advance as they get quite booked up. Only takes about 10 minutes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you want to do it on your way rather than in Chamonix we have often used - Clinique Vétérinaire Cauet-Voirin in Cluses. Luckily you have more flexibility now on the timings the old 24-48 hr window was a bit of a pain.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just stumbled on this thread.
+1 for Dr Heirman. Her English is way, way better than my "O" level French. On the left, 200/300 metres before getting to the level crossing at Les Tines (climbing from Chamonix). Not a big carpark.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Crikey- how much for tapeworm treatment in Cham please?

ed
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Our last one in France was Aime, Spring 2017, €45.50 for the consultation and the tablet.
Dr Heirman's website: https://www.veterinaire-heirman.fr/en/
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Nemisis, I do hope @hollando, isn't still stuck in Chamonix, over 2 years later?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@under a new name, no, I was thinking of @ed123, today?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheesie168 wrote:
If you want to do it on your way rather than in Chamonix we have often used - Clinique Vétérinaire Cauet-Voirin in Cluses. Luckily you have more flexibility now on the timings the old 24-48 hr window was a bit of a pain.

We have used this vet for the last 3 years, no problems and very good English spoken.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy