Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another useful All Mountain ski review.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Probably the most in depth reviews I’ve seen.

https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/topics/snow-sports/best-all-mountain-skis

Apologies is someone has already posted it.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Awdbugga, interesting - I hadn't seen the review before, but agree (as a happy M5 Mantra owner) with the comments!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spot the typo “Our testes encountered all types of conditions from incredibly firm human-made ribbons of snow to fresh powder and everything in between”.
They must have had (very chilly) balls.... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Perty, perhaps it’s not a typo. Maybe their testers are rounded skiers who’s opinions are seminal in their own sphere. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Deamons are going in my quiver for next year. Probably the most the best ski I've ever used.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Perty, I'm concerned about their approach to gender diversity, given that they "tested women's all mountain skis in the same tireless way".
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I haven's skied the M5s yet, but am rather surprised that they ranked them above the Bonafides for speed. My Bonafides seem to have no upper limit beyond which they get at all upset. Whereas the Mrs' M4s (not official branding) definitely get a bit twitchy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I’m looking to replace my 2010 Mantras 184cm. These were traditional camber etc. Great ski, no issues with length, 6’2” 95kg . If I don’t get the opportunity to test these would you replace with 184 cm or go longer due to what remains of the rocker?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am bemused that the “Best” did not include the Stöckli SR95 and the Kästle FX95 HP, both of which usually feature at the top any all-Mountain ski review, eg Pugski.

I can personally vouch for both being serious contenders, having just ridden them in the last few days. I settled on the SR95, but it was a close call over the FX95.

BTW: I also tried the DPS Cassiar 94. I am sure it is a great ski for many, but we did not get on. It felt harsh, clattered over hard snow, and did not have enough dampening for me. To use a car analogy, it was the Lotus Sport compared to the Range Rover SVR (for the SR95).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Outdoorgearlab is a good/serious test and I agree with most of the reviewers comments (although I was personaly a bit disappointed by the new version of the Mantra). I agree with Ulmerhutte... the FX95 and Stormrider 95 are missing.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ulmerhutte,

guess it's just that Stockli and Kastle are a bit expensive and niche?
Don't get me wrong if I wanted one ski to do it all then those would be on my list.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ulmerhutte, are Stockli and Kastle widely available in teh USA?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski wrote:
@ulmerhutte, are Stockli and Kastle widely available in teh USA?

Kastle for sure, Chris Davenport is a part owner.

Stockli a bit more selective, tends to be places where there is high wealth.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Agreed, Kastle FX95HP should be in that list for sure - I have them and they are sublime!

I guess the price kept them off the list
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy