Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heavy snow "paralyses" Switzerland

Poster: A snowHead
The Swiss news site SwissInfo is reporting severe snow problems in areas of Switzerland, including closed rail lines and roads in cantons Valais and Uri, with some resorts (including Leukerbad) cut off.

Full report here.

30cm of new snow is expected in the valleys, with 60cm on the mountains, by Sunday. An avalanche warning grade 5 has been issued for the northern Alps.

Any snowHeads affected by the Swiss snowstorms?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not the Swiss snowstorms, but the French snowstorms have had a very painful effect on me. I think I've strained my grin muscles from the delighted expression I've had on my face for the past three days.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It has been pouring with rain down at mine.

I am heading to Diablerets in the morning - lets see how that goes.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar.org.uk, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
obelix67 wrote:

given the forecast that's a really not a great plan, visibility will be appalling and the forecast high winds are likely to shut the lift.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Visibility in Flims / Laxx was pretty poor all the week before last.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I think I've strained my grin muscles from the delighted expression I've had on my face for the past three days.

it's not a lot of use having mountains covered in snow with no means of getting to them or up them, and there's a lot of very wet and claggy snow around, too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
15cm of Fresh snow at mine during the night and still falling .............oh well
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just got a call from a mate down in Ouchy and they have 20cm down there.

The depth isnt great at mine due to the wind blowing the stuff away again. Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ise wrote:
obelix67 wrote:

given the forecast that's a really not a great plan, visibility will be appalling and the forecast high winds are likely to shut the lift.

closed as I thought Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yup and I checked before and stayed and made snowmen with the kids, and we are about to retire now and go up and play some skiing game for the playstation
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
An update from SwissInfo on the snow "havoc" across Switzerland:
click here.
Quote:
According to the Swiss weather service, MeteoSwiss, as much as 60 centimetres of fresh snow fell within a 24-hour period in some urban areas in eastern Switzerland, breaking all previous records.

Less snow fell in the mountains but the authorities in canton Valais have closed many mountain roads, cutting off villages, due to the high risk of avalanches.

Residents of one village on Lake Geneva had to be evacuated due to the avalanche danger.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David, any thoughts on Engelberg, or the drive from Zurich to Engelberg?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yesterday Zurich was a pedestrian precinct - locks on bike were frozen solid - buses and trams were not working and recovery vehicles were sliding off the roads..... - or at tleast that is what a mate of mine on his way to the office yesterday described Zurich as....Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
buggah
snow conditions
magriggs wrote:
David, any thoughts on Engelberg, or the drive from Zurich to Engelberg?

You'll probably have to wait until Swissinfo covers that for answer.

In the meantime, you can look here for most road conditions. I can't imagine there's a problem, it only takes a few hours to get the roads cleared.
snow report
I just asked a mate in the Zurich office and he said Main roads are cleared, getting back to normal. More snow expected tonight though, a wee flurry on at the mo
ski holidays
obelix67, nice one thanks.
ski holidays
Hey no worries - have a good time - oh yeah and it started snowing at mine yesterday evening - nothing much but it still is and I have been called out and waiting for an engineer to arrive - nice night for it.
snow conditions
obelix67 wrote:
Yesterday Zurich was a pedestrian precinct - locks on bike were frozen solid - buses and trams were not working and recovery vehicles were sliding off the roads..... - or at tleast that is what a mate of mine on his way to the office yesterday described Zurich as....Smile

Having worked in Zurich, the trams never stop! Must be pretty serious to take them off the roads!
ski holidays
I never saw it myself but my pal lives near the middle of town and normally has a 5 minute cycle to work, different parts of Switzerland have been getting chaos on different days, he has been there 8 or 10 years and has never seen it like that.

I am not sure if it was as bad as the snow that hit Lausanne last April, where it took almost 2 days to get things functional again.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy