Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Osola 2000

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've used the search facility to try to get some info on Isola 2000 and there are some mentions, plus mentions of other threads to Isola, but I'll be darned if I can find them
Gizza clue where they may be if U know, orn any views on the place
(looking at next Easter with some Newbies)

Ta folks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I really like Isola for the ease of access from Nice (90 min) quite an easy drive. The resort is good for beginners and early intermediates with sunny slopes and ski in /out accom and the lift system is good. I have never had to queue for a lift or share a chair with others. There is some good tree lined runs and you can find some good off piste through the trees. I don't know anywhere else that is as good value for money.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
LW,
Thanks for that. Surely UR not the only one to have been there.
Looks like it could be a good bet. I had a look on Easyjet the other day and THIS year, going over Easter week from L'pool to Nice was a little over £100 return ! Not bad at all considering how close we are to Easter. Booking early for 2007 and it would cost very little.
Were you self catering/hotel/chalet ? I think this is planned as a budget holiday, so Bulgaria may be our destination....but I hope not !
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi
we did self catering through this agent www.decolombe.com. Pretty cheap (from eur 280 for small studio) but they are all private apartments so the decor varies from really nice to bad 70's but they are happy for you to check a few out and decide for yourself when you are there. We hired a car at the airport as its an easy drive and plenty of free parking. Spent the Saturday morning before our flight home sunning ourselves by the Med at Monaco.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been there for 2 days, plenty of scope for fun in/out of the trees and various off piste bits n pieces.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd treat Isola with a certain amount of caution at Easter. It is about as far South as resorts get and is extremely susceptible to warming temperatures and thaws! We went there in mid-late March in a good snow season and there was nothing left on the south-facing slopes. North facing stuff was ok, but it wasn't good. If you're going next Easter, I'd advise booking a flight somewhere central like Geneva, Grenoble, Chambery, Lyon or Turin and leaving your resort decision late. If you only have a few people going, it'll be a piece of cake getting late accommodation.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sarge,

It is at 2000m altitude I doubt you'll struggle for snow this year regardless of how far south you are, in fact there is probably a bit too much at the moment I expect they are planning to keep the resort open until well into April. The only comment I've heard about Isola that sticks though is the horrible buildings. The skiing is supposed to be fairly good though and the scenary away from the resort should be very pretty(i think there are some photos on snow forecast). Also as you say it's only a 90 min drive from Nice.

Robbo
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
robbo, I already said I went in a good snow year. The south facing slopes were bare. Not patchy, bare. It was brown mud. The North facing slopes were ok and there was a fair amount of skiing still, but why risk it? Furthermore if you read his original post, he's talking about NEXT Easter, not this one!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Carled,

Sounds like you were unlucky, which year were you at Isola?

But there is a risk in conditions when you ski anywhere at anytime, the term 'snow sure' is cobblers it's just a matter of luck. Isola has a pretty good historical snow conditions looking at the SCGB graphs and at 2000m you are alot higher up than many resorts further north. So it's a fair bet it will be ok in April as much as you can second guess snow conditions a year in advance.

But for a cheapy to Nice I would try it if you don't mind experimental concrete building, I don't you are 'risking' a great deal to be honest this easter or next. It's just Isola is off the beaten track for most people.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We were in Isola in March 2003. I seem to remember the official snow depths being given as 2m-ish on top and 1m-ish bottom. Utter balls. The entire South side of the resort was closed and brown. The North side had a reasonable amount, but it was verrrry slushy at the end of the day. Still had a good time though.

You can't, however, rely merely on altitude in these things. Isola's proximity to Nice and the Med means it gets the warm winds and temps blowing up so it is vastly affected by the temps. I don't think it's truly at 2000m either! Risoul & Vars are further North and at a slightly (only VERY slightly lower altitude) and yet they suffer badly in late season too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he'll definitely have no chance of good snow next Easter, I'm just advising a note of caution and, personally, would never book that far ahead for such a Southerly resort at that time of year. (Our trip in March was short notice and based on the false snow depths!) (oh and the cheap airfare to Nice...)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Your quite right Carled,

Altitude and latitude are both sketchy guidlines as are historical snow records. The southern alps do have a very different weather regime than the northern alps. But good conditions can easily stretch till mid April at least in a decent year. Some people are out on ski's until May, you'd think they'd be cold and wet by now, although this does mean hiking up to ski down.

March 2003 was ok, but as you can testify wasn't the best snow year though. Shame about the snow level data though I think 'talking it up at bit' is rife to put it midly. As is altitude of ski resorts cf most other resorts in France especially major ones!!

The snow this year is very good so far, it should easily last till the end of the season bearing a downpour of rain (which I have probably caused the gods to smit down on southern France now).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Your quite right Carled,

Altitude and latitude are both sketchy guidlines as are historical snow records. The southern alps do have a very different weather regime than the northern alps. But good conditions can easily stretch till mid April at least in a decent year. Some people are out on ski's until May, you'd think they'd be cold and wet by now, although this does mean hiking up to ski down.

March 2003 was ok, but as you can testify wasn't the best snow year though. Shame about the snow level data though I think 'talking it up at bit' is rife to put it midly. As is altitude of ski resorts cf most other resorts in France especially major ones!!

The snow this year is very good so far, it should easily last till the end of the season bearing a downpour of rain (which I have probably caused the gods to smit down on southern France now).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy