Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aldi ski gear

Poster: A snowHead
Aldi have their better level of ski gear on sale from next Sunday (20th Jan).

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 15-01-19 15:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hard to know how much higher level they can go than the £7.99 Red flash mirrored goggles I bought before Xmas as a spare (reduced by 30% or so cos they were past their "official sale date". Having appraised my goggle quiver as necessary and sufficient I seem to have added to it with a couple of "just in case" and "cheaper than a spare lens" purchases. rolling eyes

Goggs actually look pretty well constructed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@adithorp, I think you mean Sunday 20th Jan. these typos are irritating
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the heads up. I love their base layers, cheep as chips, last forever and as good as anything I have used before.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the heads up. I love their base layers, cheep as chips, last forever and as good as anything I have used before.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought a couple of merino t-shirts last week from Aldi they are ace and great value
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rabbie wrote:
@adithorp, I think you mean Sunday 20th Jan. these typos are irritating

Sorry, fat fingers on phone buttons. Edited now.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All I can say is that the aldi website and a bottle of wine are not a good mix. (thanks for posting at 10:45!) Can't wait to see what comes this time rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Look out for all cheap merino . . .they used to do a merino silk sock that was really good
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Belch wrote:
Look out for all cheap merino . . .they used to do a merino silk sock that was really good
+1 I have used these on numerous trips, they are great.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah I got a pair of socks last year, order 4 more pairs this time Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
Yeah I got a pair of socks last year, order 4 more pairs this time Very Happy

Have 8x pairs - a fresh pair for each day and a couple of spares . . .have lasted several seasons . . .stock up!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I don't think that last season and this season's socks are anything like as good as the previous ones. Not left and right handed (should that be footed??), less padding, not such a good fit.....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@sj1608, the ones I got last year were ‘handed’
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@SnoodlesMcFlude, then I guess they varied regionally and Hampshire and Devon got different! Do the ones online now look the same as yours??
snow report
Disappointed with the socks - ordered online - think they must be last years because they arrived before they were meant to be posted. Too big, too long, baggy on the feet, none of the padding is where it should be? Not L & R marked. They shall be going back, think I might check the shop see if they're any different Sad
snow conditions
@kittya, that's exactly what I found, too. So it's down to @SnoodlesMcFlude to let us into his secret stash! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
kittya wrote:
Disappointed with the socks - ordered online - think they must be last years because they arrived before they were meant to be posted. Too big, too long, baggy on the feet, none of the padding is where it should be? Not L & R marked. They shall be going back, think I might check the shop see if they're any different Sad
Bizarre, I've got several pairs (all marked L & R) from a few years ago that are still great.
snow report
I agree, the 'ski socks' I got before Christmas are quite floppy, I just use them around the house rather than skiing.
snow conditions
Just back with glove liners (xs - which is great), polo neck base layer, black mid layer, blue neck liner - all merino + wool and silk socks. Got a regular exercise top as well. Will let you know how it all holds up next weekend.
ski holidays
My ladies ski jacket worked great down to -15C a few weeks ago. Haven't worn it in rain for very long though. Just looks quite daft to be honest, a bit like their skier photos! Embarassed
ski holidays
That's my too-much-wine haul arrived Laughing

Somehow I thought going down a size would make them fit better. They're still floppy. Definitely avoid!

Got this to replace the naff one I got before which will be retired to diy. https://www.aldi.co.uk/inoc-ladies%27-pro-snow-sports-jacket/p/085691243722200
Exactly like my last aldi jacket but an extra £15 for the faux-fur hood (thankfully detachable!). Great quality, BUT it's f*%%ing orange! Jury's out, don't know if I could wear orange.
snow conditions
@Cheesie168, are your socks L & R??? I'm still hoping that some of the old ones will magically reappear..........
ski holidays
@sj1608, nope, no L-R. Shame but for £4.99, it was worth giving them a punt. @Canuck, I like the orange. I have this Volkl one - https://www.skiandbikes.co.uk/black-jewel.htm - got mine in TKMaxx last year for less than £60.
snow report
Quote:

Disappointed with the socks - ordered online - think they must be last years because they arrived before they were meant to be posted. Too big, too long, baggy on the feet, none of the padding is where it should be? Not L & R marked. They shall be going back, think I might check the shop see if they're any different

Also disappointed, Leaflet, on-line description and invoice all quote "Merino", labels on the packing just quote Wool no mention of Merino. They will be going back. Have also complained about the wrong description but have yet to have a reply.
snow report
@Timc, interesting, as you are right the packing just says wool. No mention of merino, unlike the other stuff.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy