Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Revolut and Ski Amadé lift ticket purchase

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Long shot I know, but I am just trying to buy the family lift passes from Ski Amadé ticket shop and pay for it using my Revolut account card.

However this is being declined. I know others have used Revolut here, has anybody had these issues? Has anybody successfully used these to pay for the lift pass tickets for the Ski Amade region?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Last season I tried to buy paradise ski (Les arcs + plagne) online. Trying to buy both at once it was declined so I then did one at a time with no problem.
This year, Snow card Tirol (in person), at pretty much the same price, went through in one go.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@NickyJ, Revolut doesn't always work for online payments as it is a pre-payment card rather than a credit card.

However, there is nothing to gain by pre-buying Ski Amadé lift passes online. You simply buy them at the lift base station on your first day, no cost difference, no queues.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@NickyJ, I’ve bought passes online and at a Ski Amadé Office using Revolut without problem. One thing to watch which caught me out was that I hadn’t allowed online use for my Revolut card the first time I tried and it got rejected. Just check in the app that online transactions are enabled.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@queenie pretty please, are you sure no queues? We will be going half term, so idea of already having them in hand appeals, that way they can be safely secured in children’s coats in the warm.

@geepee, thanks. Weird thing is the app hasn’t told me it has blocked it, like it did when I tried the contactless payment which hadn’t been authorised. It seems to have been “declined” before reaching them?

Thanks Both
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have you got money on the card in the right currency? Think that’s been a problem for me in the past.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SnoodlesMcFlude, yes made sure there’s enough there and in Euros.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SnoodlesMcFlude, it shouldn’t be a problem with Revolut as long as funds are on the card it’ll be paid at the current conversion rate between currencies. That one caught me out when I forgot to top up with Sterling and made a Euro payment. I had some crypto currencies on the card and it was converted from them. Embarassed
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well the settings appear to allow online transactions but maybe they work in the inverse to how I think so will change that setting and try again.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@NickyJ, Switch should be in the right hand position and blued on the left.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@NickyJ, UK half term coincides with semester holidays for one area of Germany, north Netherlands, Steiermark and Oberösterreich, i.e. it's not the busiest week here by any means. I don't ever recall seeing a queue at a lift station to buy lift passes. If you go to Radstadt and time it right, you'll have no problems.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@geepee, oh well. Yes was set and showing blue.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
geepee wrote:
@SnoodlesMcFlude, it shouldn’t be a problem with Revolut as long as funds are on the card it’ll be paid at the current conversion rate between currencies. That one caught me out when I forgot to top up with Sterling and made a Euro payment. I had some crypto currencies on the card and it was converted from them. Embarassed

I've definitely had a problem in the past where I had sterling and couldn't withdraw euros
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I contacted them and sounds like the website is trying to do 3D security which their cards down support Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy