Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stopover in St Quentin March...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If all goes to plan we will be driving to 1st March to St Gervais, leaving Gloucester around 1530. I am looking at St Q around 2200 local so although would rather go longer as it's just me driving I am thinking that's far enough. Any tips on where to stay? B/B all seem to have on road parking, do you think that's ok there, or am I asking for a smashed window and cold trip?
Any thoughts, useful or otherwise ? snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can recommend the Hotel Le Florence in St Quentin. Cheap, independent hotel right in the middle of town with private parking.

You'd want to check on your arrival time as whenever I've used it it's been timed to arrive and pop out for some food.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try
Laon
Junc 13 a26
Avoid campaniles as gone downhill recently
Hotel de la banniere at top of hill in old town near cathedral
Old fashioned style french hotel clean rooms creaky floors rooms en-suite but with an excellent restaurant also secure parking off street behind doors
15 mins from a26 about 140 m from chunnel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@harrim51, nice motel style Logis called Pot d'Etain, in Holnon, close to A26.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The B&B Hotel in St Quentin is ideal for us. Just off the motorway near to cheap fuel and good choice of restaurants nearby. Will be there on Saturday on the way home from Belle Plagne
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+1 for Le Florence for location - def private parking and think they locked the gates at night too (but check). Short stroll to some nice town centre squares. Didn't feel dangerous at all, even late at night. Very quiet as I recall.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@harrim51, we drive from Gloucestershire as well but usually leave closer to 11am to cross via the tunnel (with a bit of slack to allow for any delays and lunch) around 4pm. For the last couple of trips we've stayed Premiere Classe by the "Parc Expo" in Arras which is about a 15 minute walk to the centre of town and a choice of restaurants. I know it's not as far as you'd like to go but it suits us. The parking is off-road and enclosed but not access-controlled. The bonus is it's close to an Aldi to grab any food needed for the following day's travel.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fab, thanks all.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@harrim51, I stayed in the Campanilile St Quentin last Easter when my car broke down. There were clean beds and an adequate evening meal and breakfast. What more could you possibly want? It was also easy to find and near the motorway. (And a short walk to the car hire, but that's another long story)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
+1 for Hotel Florence. They have enclosed parking but you need to tell them what time you are arriving as the gates will be locked late evening.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+1 for St Quentin B&B hotel. Have stayed there a couple of times and fits the bill
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another + for BB hotel in St Q
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks all, B+B booked, €60 for the three of us for the night!
I love snowheads snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@harrim51, There are two or 3 petrol stations along that main road worth a quick cruise up and down to see which is the cheapest!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy