Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Japan - guide recommendations for Japan (Furano and surrounding area)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any recommendations for off piste guides in Japan, specifically Hokkaido? We are staying in Furano but will have a car so can travel a bit. We're there for around 10 days in February and would like to get at least a couple of backcountry days in. Thanks in advance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Few links to guides here https://stylealtitude.com/a-week-skiing-in-niseko.html
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Sianski, I've been on multi-day tours with "White Room Tours" for the last 3 years, and I'm going again in February. They have an office in Furano opposite the Kitanomine lift base station. They cover the whole of Hokkiaido, and have another office in Niseko.

https://www.whiteroomtours.com
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you’ll be based in Furano, there’s a guide service right there next to the backpacker hostel just half block from the base.

Try google and see if you find it. Or pm me and I’ll dig it up from my email of my trpip 2 years ago.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PowderAdict wrote:
@Sianski, I've been on multi-day tours with "White Room Tours" for the last 3 years, and I'm going again in February. They have an office in Furano opposite the Kitanomine lift base station. They cover the whole of Hokkiaido, and have another office in Niseko.

https://www.whiteroomtours.com

Thanks very much - they came up first in my Google so it's good to hear they're decent.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
abc wrote:
If you’ll be based in Furano, there’s a guide service right there next to the backpacker hostel just half block from the base.

Try google and see if you find it. Or pm me and I’ll dig it up from my email of my trpip 2 years ago.

Thank you - did you just book when you got there then? I'd prefer to do that but worried that if I don't book in advance we may not find a guide. If you do know the name that would be helpful - I've googled but several companies come up.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sianski wrote:
abc wrote:

Thank you - did you just book when you got there then? I'd prefer to do that but worried that if I don't book in advance we may not find a guide. If you do know the name that would be helpful - I've googled but several companies come up.

I completely understand the benefit of booking in advance. I'll dig up the information later today.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When I went last February we wanted do Ashadaki but all guides were booked up in Furano , we went anyway as a guide told me if the vis is good go for it ,if it's bad just ski the bottom sections
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chuck

https://www.hokkaidopowderguides.com/
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would definitely second Mike's recommendation for Chuck and Toshie at Hokkaido Power Guides, we used one of their guides (Fede the Italian) a few years ago for some touring in Tokachidake, staying at the hot spring onsen Kamihoroso, which is about an hour drive from Furano I think. Highly recommended. Get them to show you the "Brazillian" line & area!!

Rob
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy