Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Megeve from 1st of April--Anyone want to ski with me?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi SnowHeads--I have been away from this site for ages-- but back now!
I am going to be in Megeve from 1st April- and was wondering if any other keen skiers are going to be in the area then? I rent a flat there in the village-will have some friends coming to stay for some of the time.
Me--an intermediate skier-- who's been quite happy on the "intermediate plateau" for many years...I don't do off piste-- but am happy on blues, reds and the odd black--(just to stretch myself when I feel brave!)--so-- you can email me-- or RSVP on here-- I can access SnowHeads from my favourite internet cafe in Megeve too.
Julieanne
Little Angel

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 13-03-06 0:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Julieanne,

I'd love to but unfortunately I'll be there the week before you - I'm going tomorrow !!! Very Happy

If you've got any recommendations for ski hire, restaurants, anything else then I'll be very interested.

Thanks,

James.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi James--you may be there now-- have a lovely time! A good place to eat crepes is Chez Maria at the bottom of the Chamois Lifts in the village--and their mulled wine is also very nice!
Megeve is easy to find your way around-- it is a smallish village--there are several skihire places--
I bought my most recent skis at Champfort Ski Shop--at the end of season they have bargains and you can try them out before you buy them (or rent them).
Well, sorry I shall miss you-- but I am sure you'll be back in Megeve-- once discovered --people always return! Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Guys,

While you're out there, make sure you hit the Pallas, and the Cocoon. And definitely do not miss out on the Jazz Cafe- pricey, but so much fun!!

And if you're around in the early hours of the morning, head to the Bakery for some gorgeous hot goodies - perfect, coz the kebab shop closes at 11!!!

On the slopes, go to the shack at the bottom of the Petite Fontaine slope (Over on Rochebrune) and get some great grub from Bruno!

I bought my skis from Philippe at Champfort at the end of season, def the best time to get them!

Whereabouts is your apartment in town Julieann? Have you had it often?

I worked two seasons out there, and miss it badly!! Really want to get a place out there, or find a few people to share an apartment with! Might have to wait a year or two for that though.

Julieann, if you want, I can hook you up with a great friend of mine that's over there?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello Trickywoos--sounds like you have explored the apres-ski in Megeve quite thoroughly! I know the Jazz Cafe too--I believe it is quite world famous...but have never sampled Bruno's grub--so will be sure to give it a try! Where did you work for 2 seasons? I know some of the Chalet companies there-- did you work with one of them? I rent an small apartment right behind the church --no need for a clock when I am there as the church bells chime every quarter hour-- and I can see the church clock from my windows! Have rented the same flat for many years. The owners -- a French family-- are close friends by now. Who is your great friend there?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi SnowHeads--I have had to postpone my trip due to a nasty bug-- so I won't be there until the 1st April-hope to stay until 26th April
Anybody there then? Confused

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 13-03-06 1:18; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Julieanne, I have just returned from Megeve (yesterday) excellent skiing 20cms of fresh snow in village as we were leaving. I will be out in again from the 1st April for a week.
trickywoos, alas the PALLAS is no more, a Spar shop has replaced it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Julieanne, It might be worth changing the title of the thread, if you edit your first post, you should get the chance to update the dates.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ray Zorro, --thanks a lot for your tip--good advice to put the correct date on my heading now!
Dunk, ---I am also arriving on the 1st April (have had to make a few changes to my plans)----do please email me and let me know if you want to meet up--where in MEGEVE do you stay?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dunk, I have just sent you a pm Blush
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dunk, WHAT? Pallas has gone? Shocker!!

What's happened to Lionel??!!

Julieanne, hope that you manage to get there on the first. Gutted I'm not going. If you go to the Jazz club, and find a Scottish woman sipping her cocktails at the bar, that'll be my mate. If not, she'll be at Bruno's at Le Petit Fontaine.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
javascript:emoticon('trickywoos, ')
trickywoos, Yes I too hope to get on my Easyjet flight on the 1st April-- I had to change it so many times last month-- I could have gone to South America for the total cost of the one way fare! I shall look out for your mate--"the lady sipping cocktails in the Jazz Club"--but if you tell me her name, then I could even say hello and send your regards! Smile
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
trickywoos, the Scottish woman sounds like Sache (not sure how to spell her name, even to pronounce it) Say Hi to CA for me.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dunk, have you any idea if it is springlike weather now in Megeve or is there still snow in the village? I am doing my usual packing and unpacking and repacking--trying to travel light...but will probably end up over the weight allowance as usual! Crying or Very sad
Two friends are joining me that first week, so we (3 ladies) shall look for you in the Igloo at lunchtime-- wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy