Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Worn out ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Kiddo (6) has pretty much killed the soles of her boots. They're not even very old so I blame spinning on her toes/heels in gravelly car parks. The next time she skis is probably her only race of the year. I don't think she'll be going fast enough to seriously injure herself if she falls, and it will be a very easy/slow course, not very rutted. I think it would be helpful for her to use equipment she's used to and is comfortable in. So, do I let her have just one more day in them or is it too risky? There's not much left of the toe. Images in the links.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgehlWy7ZepCxETpIssNRTUBKAjU
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgehlWy7ZepCxEG22um0YhJsPObM
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The toe/heel can be unscrewed and replaced
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cool, I figured they were too far gone as the upper part is eaten away at the toe too. Does anyone know if there's somewhere in Inverness that can service equipment? I don't want to attempt this one myself!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Canuck, the toes look pretty ground away. Ummm, its a few screws, if you can get the bits.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Smile I think they're too far gone and I can't find a toe smaller than size 22 online anyways. She's only worn them about 15 times which is really annoying. I think I'll send her out in them one last time and hold my breath!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Canuck, Anything Technical stock replacement toes and heels. They could probably advise whether the parts of the main boot shell just above where those fit are too far gone or not.

If new parts can be fitted, it’s an easy job. Screwdriver set and maybe a pair of pliers should do it.
Anything Technical
www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe you’ve already tried them?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, only goes down to size 22 in her model unfortunately. I might try to ring them in case they'll fit anyways, but I can imagine that last little bit at the top breaking away in a matter of days.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just chatted to a really helpful man at Anything Technical, unfortunately it looks like we'll be needing new boots. But I'll let her have one last go with them. Thanks for everyone's help!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy