Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andy Bennett L4 project video

Poster: A snowHead
Just found this video by Andy Bennett which has some good stuff in it:

http://youtube.com/v/_wGzVKl4oXM
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did Andy's mogul course at Cas, those double pole plants are harder than you think! Helped a lot though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good vid thanks for sharing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What amazing skiing. One (I) can only dream... Thanks for sharing.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow. Poetry in motion. As @hurtle says, one can only dream. Thanks John.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Andy does a lot of work with Warren Smith, you might also have noticed him at the top of the course in 'The Jump' when it was on Channel 4
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great video, helps answer the question "why learn braquage". He is a master.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Really enjoyed that video. Still wondering what the purpose of some the drills might be. Dolphin turns?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dolphin turns are often used as a drill for skiing bumps as you have to use great timing and coordination to pull your feet back underneath you to complete the jump, as you do when skiing bumps.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
'Cool, Thanks for watching'

Really really good resource of drills and 'try this it might help'.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Valkyrie wrote:
Really enjoyed that video. Still wondering what the purpose of some the drills might be. Dolphin turns?

It's the same movement of the feet you (should) use in bumps. A sort of reverse double pedal.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I just came across this video on Facebook and also thought it excellent - so thought I could give it bumps here.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great skills, great progression.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great vid - lots of good stuff
And, "..deliberate skidding. .." is one skill that comes more naturally to me than most Embarassed Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar wrote:
Dolphin turns are often used as a drill for skiing bumps as you have to use great timing and coordination to pull your feet back underneath you to complete the jump, as you do when skiing bumps.

do you have any vids of you or any of the IoS team doing dolphin turns Rob?
snow report
kitenski wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

do you have any vids of you or any of the IoS team doing dolphin turns Rob?
No, I don't think so, sorry. Last time I did (attempted would be a better description) dolphin turns was in the Toviere Bumps, being beasted by Del Chandler, and fortunately no video exists!
ski holidays
Great video from Andy. Many years ago when he competed moguls I used to judge him - right back to the days on the plastic at Sheffield!
snow conditions
Great video from Andy. Many years ago when he competed moguls I used to judge him - right back to the days on the plastic at Sheffield!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy