Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Things I wish I hadn't done

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There are the big things that are obvious like me breaking my Tib and Fib into little bits of bone shrapnel.

Today I really did find a ridiculous way to not ski for a while:

Got kitted up at the bottom, went to the loo before getting on the bubble up.

As I was carrying my helmet with gloves and goggles stuffed inside I looked for somewhere to put it while I unzipped etc.

Nobody else in the loos, the sinks unused....so I put my helmet in the sink and went to do what I had to do.

I turned back around...HORRIFIED...my helmet wasn't just In the sink...it WAS the sink!

The blasted tap has a proximity sensor, it sensed the helmet and had been filling it with water Shocked

Everything waterlogged Sad
I had to walk home and get my old helmet, dry gloves and old goggles....at least it was a powder day.

So what daft things have you done that are ski related??
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i let my snowboard run through my hands while holding it.
Best jesus impression ever.
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wish I’d kept a closer eye on my ski when I fell over on an icy black. I watched it take off down the mountain and had to be skidooed down. So embarassing. Felt your pain on the helmet story - did make me laugh though.
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Think the guy I saw slip and drop his snowboard at the top of an icy piste under the bubble I was in yeaterday wished he hadn't... Not sure they could see it but did eventually stop. In a tree. A good way down and off piste from where it was dropped.
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Drives me mad when there are no hooks in toilets. Commiserations.
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I wish I hadn't fallen off a table in Cocorico after a certain snowHead plied me with jaegerbombs (clearly his fault).


However a leading contender for regrets must be this guy:

https://jerryoftheday.net/blogs/best-of-jerry-of-the-day/unstrapped-snowboard-falls-off-cliff


http://youtube.com/v/u-C6w6lG8ZQ
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
...posted on snowHeads Toofy Grin
snow conditions     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@HoneyBunny, that's quite funny. And moderately predictable. Dick head.....
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Vid looks fake / setup.
latest report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mjit wrote:
Think the guy I saw slip and drop his snowboard at the top of an icy piste under the bubble I was in yeaterday wished he hadn't... Not sure they could see it but did eventually stop. In a tree. A good way down and off piste from where it was dropped.


Ooh, a rogue ski once went past me. Lots of people shouting in foreign tongue, so I turned to look & saw the ski go straight past me, left the piste & went airborne into the woods
snowboarder 1
skier 0
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@HoneyBunny, On the plus side, it's good wax he's using. It glided for miles. Twisted Evil
snow conditions     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@boredsurfin, 32091 regrets and counting...
And that's just in the sock you're wearing at the moment.
snow conditions     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@HoneyBunny,

Laughing

seen the heli skier who landed on a rock?

http://youtube.com/v/xjZynlM5KPc
ski holidays     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i dont know why...but it reminds me of 'Fenton'

same level of idiocy i guess Laughing
latest report     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

http://youtube.com/v/3GRSbr0EYYU
snow report     
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Sweedish, Laughing
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sweedish wrote:
i dont know why...but it reminds me of 'Fenton'

same level of idiocy i guess Laughing


I was alone in the bubble and may have said "Fenton! FENTON! Oh god no, Fenton!" to myself as I watched
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rungsp, Something similar. I let my gloves hang off the wrist straps while having a pee.
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnE wrote:
@rungsp, Something similar. I let my gloves hang off the wrist straps while having a pee.


How many times have a nearly done that Laughing
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@johnE, Laughing
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@johnE,
Has your Willy got a proximity sensor?
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mjit wrote:
Sweedish wrote:
i dont know why...but it reminds me of 'Fenton'

same level of idiocy i guess Laughing


I was alone in the bubble and may have said "Fenton! FENTON! Oh god no, Fenton!" to myself as I watched


lmao Laughing Laughing
snow conditions     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
QRZBuddha wrote:
johnE wrote:
@rungsp, Something similar. I let my gloves hang off the wrist straps while having a pee.


How many times have a nearly done that Laughing


Try wearing bib pants. You really need to get it out, up & over for a clear shot into the pot
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I forgot to take my poles out once, couldn't be 'bothered' to go back and get them. Thought I'd ski without any for the morning. Worst of it actually, was queuing to get on lifts on uneven slopes. Really wasn't popular in the lift queues. Almost (almost) felt sympathy for snowboarders.

Not done that since.
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That girl called Louise. She followed me around all season.
ski holidays     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nickski wrote:
I forgot to take my poles out once, couldn't be 'bothered' to go back and get them. Thought I'd ski without any for the morning. Worst of it actually, was queuing to get on lifts on uneven slopes. Really wasn't popular in the lift queues.


Last week there was a faff on a lift when someone got their leg caught, in said faff I got one of my nice Leki poles caught under the chair and bent it. Skied back to town and got the cheapest poles I could find to use for the rest of the week (intending to get replacement part for the Leki when back home). Then on the Tuesday some d***less piece of s**t stole my 19 euro poles from a restaurant (and my brother's Lekis went missing too). Couldn't be arsed to buy another set so skied for the rest of the week without them. Was really weird at first and I had real weighting issues and didn't have confidence to be really agressive, but I think my skiing improved because of it. You're spot on about the lift lines though, at one point I was completely static and no one would help
ski holidays     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nickski wrote:
Almost (almost) felt sympathy for snowboarders.

.


Advantage of stepons. I walk up with my board under my arm. Drop it when nr front of queue & stepon Smile
latest report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Took one of our son's mates skiing with us once. He forgot to stop the gopro when he went for a yellow snow stop. Cue rapid pausing and fast forwarding of footage when watching it back that night!
ski holidays     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Got married. Skullie
ski holidays     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mr.Egg wrote:
Mjit wrote:
Think the guy I saw slip and drop his snowboard at the top of an icy piste under the bubble I was in yeaterday wished he hadn't... Not sure they could see it but did eventually stop. In a tree. A good way down and off piste from where it was dropped.


Ooh, a rogue ski once went past me. Lots of people shouting in foreign tongue, so I turned to look & saw the ski go straight past me, left the piste & went airborne into the woods
snowboarder 1
skier 0


Be a snowboarder. Took a minute of pause on my way down a slope.
Unbuckled my straps to let my feet breath a little, leaving only the toe straps for safety.
When i finally took enough time to recover, i immediately stood up, ready to ride. But as you already saw it coming, i forgot to strap back on and my board just went on a ride on its own.
Extremely lucky nobody was on the way or got hurt. Sure as hell won't be making that mistake again..

Snowboarder 0
Skier 0
snow conditions     
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I cut off the straps on my gloves that go around your wrist. Stupidly decided to take gloves off on the lift to take a photo and you guessed it, the glove falls to the snow below. Sadly it wasn't in an area where it could be retrieved so glove shopping at the resort I went.
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Left the apartment, got on the skibus, round the mountain for a long day out, went to put on my gloves and discovered I'd a pair of right hands. The two lefts were keeping each other company back at home.

No way to make that work at -25 in Finland. Very expensive gloves at the ski lift shop. Sad
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Drove 3 hours from Munich to St.Anton. Get out skis and boots... boots? Standing outside my front door. Munich is a crime free zone so they were still there when I got back.
Upside was it convinced me that hiring boots is a dreadful idea.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Letting a pair of gloves marinade in a dogs water bowl over lunch once after they had fallen off a peg.

Knocking over about 30 pairs of skis when collecting the board and running away, a la biker gang choppers tumbling.

Never lost a board to gravity before, but have seen it done.
snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Weedly wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
Mjit wrote:
Think the guy I saw slip and drop his snowboard at the top of an icy piste under the bubble I was in yeaterday wished he hadn't... Not sure they could see it but did eventually stop. In a tree. A good way down and off piste from where it was dropped.


Ooh, a rogue ski once went past me. Lots of people shouting in foreign tongue, so I turned to look & saw the ski go straight past me, left the piste & went airborne into the woods
snowboarder 1
skier 0


Be a snowboarder. Took a minute of pause on my way down a slope.
Unbuckled my straps to let my feet breath a little, leaving only the toe straps for safety.
When i finally took enough time to recover, i immediately stood up, ready to ride. But as you already saw it coming, i forgot to strap back on and my board just went on a ride on its own.
Extremely lucky nobody was on the way or got hurt. Sure as hell won't be making that mistake again..

Snowboarder 0
Skier 0


I thought that you guys had to wear a safety strap that went from your board binding and around your ankle to avoid these situations?
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lilledonmarco wrote:


I thought that you guys had to wear a safety strap that went from your board binding and around your ankle to avoid these situations?


Its not mandatory. At least not anywhere Ive been in Europe.
I hear things are different in the US though. I do carry one with me.
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So far... stopped to take a selfie at the edge of the mountain, removed one glove for hands camera control, placed it on top of a pole which standing stuck in the snow. Positioned myself, big smile... wind gust came and took down the pole and carried down the glove. Never seen the glove since then.
Wasn't that fun skiing without a glove for half day.

At least a good excuse to buy a fancy new one
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dripping white ptex candle onto white board base while the flame was orange.
The inefficient combustion caused carbon / soot to be incorporated into the ptex drops, which means that the ptex fill is now grey / brown.
Not the end of the world, but a problem I never noticed when filling black bases.
Plus side of an "ugly" base is that it's less likely to get nicked from outside the resto at lunchtime.
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mr.Egg wrote:
Lilledonmarco wrote:


I thought that you guys had to wear a safety strap that went from your board binding and around your ankle to avoid these situations?


Its not mandatory. At least not anywhere Ive been in Europe.
I hear things are different in the US though. I do carry one with me.


Mandatory in Scandi-land...for the scenario that the user posted above..
ski holidays     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This kind of therapy has long been needed:

"My name is Dee, and I am a snowHead..."

[chorus] "Welcome Dee..."
ski holidays     



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy