Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian resort for a quick powder hit?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Like many I'm looking at the huge snowfall in Austria and getting a severe case of FOMO. So I'm thinking of a 3 night trip at the start of Feb with a friend.
Our requirements are:

>Within 2.5 hour drive of Munich Airport
>Cheap and cheerful accommodation near the slopes
>We are intermediate snowboarders who like cruisy off piste, so somewhere with that, and trees preferably
>A decent restaurant or 2, but no mad apres ski is necessary.

So far Saalbach and Kaprun seem the most suited?

Any help much appreciated...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would have thought anywheree in austria this week will do. just make sure that they have good road access, and you've got snow chains or 4x4 with winter tyres.

My daughter is in Saalbach hinterglemm this week, powder everywhere, but not all lifts working, so it can become congested in patches.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alpbach.

But I'd wait 'til nearer the time to actually book, 'cos the weather now is absolutely no guarantee of powder in 3 weeks time!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Austria school hols start Feb 2nd
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Er, what's
Quote:
a severe case of FOMO
Puzzled

Sounds like applying some cream would help... wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mountainaddict wrote:
Er, what's
Quote:
a severe case of FOMO
Puzzled

Sounds like applying some cream would help... wink

FOMO = Fear Of Missing Out??
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

FOMO = Fear Of Missing Out??

Yes Smile

Thinking of the following now as they are all closest to Munich airport

Soll, Alpbach, kitzbuhel, mayrhofen , niederau, Kaltenbach

Any opinions ?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kitzbuhl looks ace - heading out on Saturday!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mrvinegar, off-piste is very limited at the moment due to abnormally high avalanche risk. If you're not an expert in such matters it is worth seeking professional advice. Of course the situation may well be different in early February. It is also worth noting that the first week in February is Vienna week, i.e. a third of the population of Austria have a semester holiday and generally decide to go skiing. The following week is semester holiday for the rest of Austria bar Steiermark and OÖ. Also lots of German holidays around then, so expect everywhere to be busy.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
queenie pretty please wrote:
@mrvinegar, off-piste is very limited at the moment due to abnormally high avalanche risk. If you're not an expert in such matters it is worth seeking professional advice. Of course the situation may well be different in early February. It is also worth noting that the first week in February is Vienna week, i.e. a third of the population of Austria have a semester holiday and generally decide to go skiing. The following week is semester holiday for the rest of Austria bar Steiermark and OÖ. Also lots of German holidays around then, so expect everywhere to be busy.

Yes very aware of the off piste issues, we will get a guide I think, that info re holidays explains the high prices and low availability i'm seeing everywhere...Thanks!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@mrvinegar, Fly to Salzburg, flights costs are similar particularly if not travelling at the weekend, then it is only 60 mins to Ski Amade. Schladming, Flachau, Bad Gastein would all suit your needs. As @queenie pretty please, says, it will be busy but the snow conditions should have settled by then according to the longer range forecasts.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
panaga52 wrote:
@mrvinegar, Fly to Salzburg, flights costs are similar particularly if not travelling at the weekend, then it is only 60 mins to Ski Amade. Schladming, Flachau, Bad Gastein would all suit your needs. As @queenie pretty please, says, it will be busy but the snow conditions should have settled by then according to the longer range forecasts.

Unfortunately there is no direct flights to Salzburg where I'm flying from (Barcelona....)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mrvinegar wrote:
panaga52 wrote:

Unfortunately there is no direct flights to Salzburg where I'm flying from (Barcelona....)

That's the EU for you. I've got one tomorrow direct from Istanbul if that helps? Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like it's a case of finding a place with snow but not too much snow. The Autrians and Bavarians are super organised and efficient but even they're struggling with the amount of snow at the moment
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy