Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calgary business trip - Day skiing where ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have the dubious pleasure of a trip to Calgary for a business meeting in early February.
I'll have a spare day in Calgary before I fly south to Orlando for more meetings so would like to ski for a day.
Anyone have any experience of public transport from Calgary to Banff or anywhere else closer to get a day on the slopes ?
Or will I need a car ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.sunshinecoach.com/calgary-rates-schedules/

Although is Scumshine (remember the patrollers sacked scandal)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks perfect thanks Dave.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have used this bus when working in Calgary for a day's skiing in Lake Louise which if I remember correctly is a couple of hours away.
If you get an early enough bus, I highly recommend getting there in time to take advantage of the free Ski Friends service (see the Lake Louise website). They will show you around the resort FOC. A wonderful service.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I managed to get 3 days at Castle Mountain in south west Alberta, about 2-2.5 hrs from calgary and I have to say I was blown away by the place. great snow and a mix from intermediate through to 'wow thats steep', I was taken by a Calgary native when I did a Rockies road trip a few years back. You will need a car unless there you can find a car share, but I think its a great alternative to Sunshine and Lake Louise (which are both great as well)

Enjoy it if you can, even if you cant get anywhere there is the C.O.P with a couple of runs in Calgary itself..
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nakiska within an hour, Norquay bit further out. Not been to either but if it's anything close to Fernie or Castle you'll have a blast. If you want to build up hype for Norquay there's this
http://youtube.com/v/9lpJSB9pd-s
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Calgary is cool, not sure why you call it a dubious pleasure?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Norquay is better than not skiing but unless you are beginner or can’t be bothered to travel another 30-40min to sunshine or LL. Small hill too small for even a day if you ski big resorts. Snow is poorer than the others and they closed off the best runs for race training when I was there as well. LL and SS are awesome resorts, spectacular views and tons of terrain on & offpiste
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sunshine or lake Louise are worth the extra commuting time.

I'm not sure you will find a better deal than the link to sunshinecoach posted earlier - $120 for bus and lift pass, when a regular day pass alone is $114+tax.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
When I went to Banff last year the best day of skiing was at Norquay. Heavy snow the night before, everybody trying to get to Sunshine and Lake Louise. Norquay deserted with plenty of deep powder. If you only have 1 day then I would say Norquay is enough.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you are starting in Calgary, Lake Louise is about 45mins further down the road than Sunshine.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy